Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Looking for J2EE web application framework?

1. Looking for J2EE web application framework? (4 messages)

Web development is not as easy, simple and static as it used to before. Why is it so important to follow the framework-based approach to web development?
    How many such frameworks are available?
    Sure it will depends upon my requirements but still how should I go about deciding the best framework for implementation?
  2. There are several frameworks - Struts, Spring, Tapestry, etc. I can only speak for Struts as Struts is the only one I've used.

The importance of following a framework is that you want to follow design patterns/best practices (model, view, controller), and the best way to know you're doing this is to use a framework that implements these ideas.
  3. Did you check out, http://www.frameworks-boulder.org/Application_Frameworks.html

It REALLY depends on your requirements and your teams skill set as to which framework you select. IMO WebWork, Tapesty, NanoWeb are 3 great frameworks each very different in their solution.
  4. what about JSF? what is the real difference betwen struts and JSF?
  5. I am a developer and I am deploay sevral j2ee project with jsf and struts until 5 mount ago.but afew days ago when I read shine framework`s document and test it ,shine`s abilitys is very intrest for me,so I try to attain more more information about shine framework. when I read it and try to deploy that sample with shine ,I understand that I find my favorite framework for Implementing my J2EE projects. but I can`t use it in that time.because of shine is not yet reliable because it`s new and untried. but was understand that this framework will be one of powerfull J2EE FRAMEWORKs as soon as soon.maybe shine is the best J2EE Framework in near future. 1 week laer I find sevral document about shine(that is forom shine framework`s supporter team). they are very intrest. work with ajax in shine is unblivable.it`s very simple. and developers can write other j2ee frameworks code in shine tags. shine is realy a service oriented framework. shine Architecture is JWMS(java web model service).I can not finde a document about JWMS but I wite a request for shine`s supporter team to discribe about that. thats enogh.I discribe about some ability of shine. you can test it and see with your eyes fore bilive it. I sure if you test it,you will be shine`s user . you can find shine`s document in internet or in shine support team`s web site : www.j2sos.org in technical forum. or in http://groups.google.com/group/j2sos and for download shine framework you must visit sourceforge.net in this link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/shine-app/ I want to deploying a small project with shine. because I think developers can not risk on their project with using shine for one time like me. when it complete I want to upload it fore developers. if that`s result is like my think, actuly I choose shine for deploy my project. if you deploy a project with shine,plese upload your first project for us too see that. good luck.