CMP Relationship dilema

Discussions

EJB design: CMP Relationship dilema

1. CMP Relationship dilema (2 messages)

Hello there! I'm facing a dilema in my project . . .

I have an entity that has a relationship with another entity (seems dummy right?) but as nothing is as easy as it is. The second table must not be mapped to an entity (just don't me ask why please ...).

So, my first decision was to use DAO pattern on our project, as it promotes decoupling, and I could easily handle this situation, by returning a DTO that had part of it came from an entity, and the other part from a select in the database via normal jdbc.
    Well, now the dilema, my crew is very fresh, and complained about new variables being inserted into the project (basiclly they don't want to learn new patterns ).

So, I wonder, is it possible to hard-code getMethods in CMP beans that doesn't map to a table in DB? Like having a non-abstract method on the bean?

Thanks

Threaded Messages (2)

2. So, I wonder, is it possible to hard-code getMethods in CMP beans that doesn't > map to a table in DB? Like having a non-abstract method on the bean?

Yes. Declare those methods in your local/remote interface for the entity bean and define those methods in the entity bean class itself.

Kingshuk
  3. Iis this new?[ Go to top ]

Good name for the article, could be a good article...about 10 years ago