page refreshment minute wise!

Discussions

General J2EE: page refreshment minute wise!

1. page refreshment minute wise! (4 messages)

Hello,
    I have a page in my J2EE application(struts based) which need to refresh itself in every single minute.

How can I acheive this?

Page may fetch a huge data may be sometimes thousand(s) of rows with each row containing 300 bytes.

The point that is important to remember is that the two way roundtrip should consume less that a minute so that refreshing will be effective for the user.

What is the industry standard for a page with huge data be appeared on the screen?

regards,
    Pratap

Threaded Messages (4)

2. page refreshment minute wise![ Go to top ]

use the

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="60; <your_url>">

the timer i think until the next refresh will only start once the page has finished rendering
  3. page refreshment minute wise![ Go to top ]

Thanks stephen.That I know how to refresh the page in JSP.My question was about how to model that logic so that the page will be refreshed and relevant data will be fetched again from the database.

I am concerned about the performance of the process when this will be coded.

I m still in design phase

-pratap
  4. page refreshment minute wise![ Go to top ]

Thanks stephen.That I know how to refresh the page in JSP.My question was about how to model that logic so that the page will be refreshed and relevant data will be fetched again from the database.I am concerned about the performance of the process when this will be coded.I m still in design phase-pratap
    Data caching is key in these kind of situations.
  5. page refreshment minute wise![ Go to top ]

But how can I acheive this