Discussions

XML & Web services: Accessing WebService from a JSP Page

1. Accessing WebService from a JSP Page (3 messages)

Hi All
    I am new in using webservises. Currently I am using Oracle JDeveloper as development tool which uses Oracle Application Server 10g. This tool is creating my webservices and they are also running but i am unable to access them. When ever i run my jsp page which uses the webservices i have created, following excpetion is generated

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 10G\jdev\bin" i am unable to locate in which class this exception is generated.

Moreover please guide how can i call a webservice from my JSP Page.

Tahnks ....
    Ali

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Try to use Apache Axis[ Go to top ]

This is a simple way to create webservice client.

I don't really know your problem is, but I guess you should be sure that 10G\jdev\bin is on the JSP path.

May help.
  3. Accessing WebService from a JSP Page[ Go to top ]

For a clear description of the mechanics of a JSP invoking a webservice take a look at the following:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0132036/2003/12/11.html

If that doesn't help to futher diagnose your problem I really need a more detailed description of the environment and the steps you've taken to deploy the service:

1) Are you deploying the JSP to the same server instance (JDev OC4J instance?) as the web service? If not what is the JSP/client side platform?
    2) Which code generation option did you choose when deploying the service?

A more detailed description would be really helpful for diagnosing your problem.
  4. Accessing WebService from a JSP Page[ Go to top ]

Did you make any changes Embedded OC4J Command Line properties in the project which has the JSP ?

These properties are available in the J2EE section of the project properties ?

raghu