javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't insert page

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't insert page

1. javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't insert page (1 messages)

I have a Struts (v1.2 application running in WebLogic 8.1 on Solaris. I am occasionally getting the following error in the log file:

<Nov 11, 2004 8:40:41 AM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017> <[ServletContext(id=23782039,name=lpcc,context-path=/lpcc)] Root cause of ServletException.
    javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't insert page '/layouts/lpcc-layout.jsp' : Broken pipe
            at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.processException(InsertTag.java:956)
            at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:884)
            at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:473)
    I have searched at BEA and online for info regarding this error, and have come up short. Can anyone tell me how to alleviate this error. It does not appear to be critical, but the stack trace is huge and is making for large log files..

Any help or guidance would be definitely appreciated. Thanks in advance,

--Chris
  2. Hi
    I have encountered broken pipe when you click STOP in the browser and the browser just closes the connection to the server. I think there might be a log level option that tells not to display this messages.

Best regards, Mircea