C-JDBC has won the Derby Code Contest (http://apachecon.com/2004/US/html/derby-contest-rules) at ApacheCon US 2004 (http://apachecon.com/2004/US/) !
- Posted by: Xavier MOGHRABI
- Posted on: November 18 2004 08:14 EST
There were two major contributions for Apache Derby:
- modifications to C-JDBC to support Derby cluster, thus providing performance scalability and high availability to Derby
- complete open source stack for remote access to Derby by providing support to start the embedded version of Derby in the C-JDBC controller and use the C-JDBC driver to access embedded Derby remotely in multi-user environments.
Documentation, configuration files and demos will be provided soon on C-JDBC and Derby web sites.
ObjectWeb C-JDBC: http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org
Apache Derby: http://incubator.apache.org/derby/
- Meet C-JDBC team at ObjectWebCON'05 by Xavier MOGHRABI on November 18 2004 09:53 EST
- C-JDBC wins the ApacheCon Derby Code Contest by Francois Letellier on November 18 2004 10:55 EST
- C-JDBC sounds interesting by Jason Carreira on November 18 2004 11:02 EST
- Congratulations by Sean Sullivan on November 19 2004 00:02 EST
ObjectWebCON'05 Registration Now Open! ObjectWeb is now accepting attendee registration for its next annual conference on open-source middleware, scheduled for January 17-19, 2005 in Lyon, France.
This year, the theme of the conference is the power of communities in the development of open-source middleware solutions targeting professional use. The event will feature 1 day of tutorials, 2 days of expo and presentations including keynote addresses from B. Behlendorf (Apache board), O. Klyut (Sr. Director, JCP), JP Lacotte (Vice-Chairman, ITEA), M. Milinkovich (Executive Director, Eclipse), H. Peyret (Senior Analyst, Forrester), H. Xu (Chief Architect, Guangzhou Research Center).
Make sure to register before December 1st, 2004 to benefit from early bird discounts. Special offers available to ObjectWeb members.
The C-JDBC will be present with a session by Emmanuel CECCHET and a tutorial by Roland BALTER
All details at : http://www.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05
Hey Emmanuel, great job you did. I personally found your presentation about C-JDBC at ApacheCon great. The demo was just amazing, even with a little troubleshooting that actually showed that it was a real time demo.
You, Nicolas and all C-JDBC contributors: keep up the good job!
This stuff looks really interesting, but I always get worried when I'm putting a new product in at a point as critical and touchy as the database. Anyone using this in production? Have you had any problems with data integrity, data loss, transactions hanging, etc?
I think this could revolutionize the way we scale databases, but I'm not sure how much of an early adopter I want to be :-)
I would agree.. I think C-JDBC could have some interesting functions.. I would also be interested to hear of people using it production. Especially with system/db failures, recovery from failures... levels of caching and how the tiers interact.. etc..
There are professional support services available for C-JDBC so that might definitely give some insurance for production usage. You can contact c-jdbc-pro at objectweb dot org for more information.
Congratulations! I saw the C-JDBC presentation at ApacheCon 2004. I was impressed.
Here are the slides from ApacheCon: