Symposium Video: From EJB to Hibernate to EJB3

Discussions

News: Symposium Video: From EJB to Hibernate to EJB3

1. Symposium Video: From EJB to Hibernate to EJB3 (6 messages)

'Mobile objects' represent persistent state but they may be serialized between different processes and detached/reattached from/to the persistence mechanism. In this talk, filmed at TSSJS 2004, Gavin King explores the problems with mobile objects, especially with respect to the persistence implementation.

Watch From EJB to Hibernate to EJB3

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Presentation slides?[ Go to top ]

Are the slides available anywhere?
  3. i've managed to get to the NoFluffJustStuff tour the past two years. this last one, i started to wonder about a dvd perhaps with all the talks that went on that weekend. the media is cheep, and there's only a few rooms, so not bundles of cameras would be required. a small production cost maybe. just a simple menu to navigate the videos. would nfjs suffer attendance? i think it may help attendance if people could see previous shows prior to attending. they'd just have to switch it up a bit more.

i'm just posting because i can't seem to get any of these TSS feeds to work on my linux system.
  4. Correct link...[ Go to top ]

Would the TSS staff be kind enough to correct the invalid link to the REAL video. Perhaps, the same can be done for a Windows Media Play. Thanks.
  5. Gavin was kind of nervous, wasn't he? :)

Great presentation. Congratulations Gavin!
  6. He was just as nervous at JavaOne. He settles in after a while - but then again with people like me haranging him I'm not surprised ;-) I'm still not convinced by the DTO argument, but at least that's been toned down in the last few months.

- Nick
  7. Any other way to access the videos ?[ Go to top ]

Is there any other way to access the videos ? I'm behind a firewall and cannot access these video streams. Is there an HTTP access or something similar ?