Problem with Ant runtime classpath

Discussions

Performance and scalability: Problem with Ant runtime classpath

1. Problem with Ant runtime classpath (3 messages)

What's the differnce between Ant's runtime classpath and Ant's system classpath?

For example, my project uses Log4j and has passed compilation by Eclipse.

When I try to use Ant to do the compile work, it failed with Log4j related classes can not be found exception. But I remmeber to put the log4j.jar to the classpath.

While I put the log4j.jar into ANT_HOME/lib, then the compile work under Ant passed.

It also encounter in using some third party jar likes jdom.jar etc..

Threaded Messages (3)

2. version of ant[ Go to top ]

Ant had classpath issues around version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. It was fixed in version 1.5.3. If you haven't already you should move to version 1.6. If you can find libs if they are in your classpath (set outside of ant) but not if you are using ant's classpath/javac tagets then it is most likely the version of ant.

Bruce
  3. version of ant[ Go to top ]

Ant had classpath issues around version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. It was fixed in version 1.5.3. If you haven't already you should move to version 1.6. If you can find libs if they are in your classpath (set outside of ant) but not if you are using ant's classpath/javac tagets then it is most likely the version of ant.Bruce

Thank you Bruce for your reply. But the Ant I used is version 1.6.2.

It's very strange that why we should put the libraries into the System classpath or Ant's lib directory while we have already put them into the classpath element in Ant build file.

Since not every lib encounters this kind of problem, is it the bug of Ant self?

Leon
  4. Problem with Ant runtime classpath[ Go to top ]

If you are using javac task, you can set the classpath explicitly, including all the jars required to compile your project.
    - Sunil