Eclipse4Web Released for Eclipse Web Development

Discussions

News: Eclipse4Web Released for Eclipse Web Development

1. Exadel just released a new product called Eclipse4Web.

Eclipse4Web tightly integrates standard Eclipse plug-ins with Exadel’s advanced set of tools covering such technologies as: Struts, JSF, Spring and many others—ultimately, creating a highly functional and flexible environment.

At the same time, developers who later need more specialized functionality for developing Struts or JSF based applications will be able to smoothly transition to Exadel's Struts Studio or JSF Studio products from Eclipse4Web.

The cost is $49 + a $20 annual subscription for all updates and support from the second year on.

For more information, please go to: http://www.exadel.com/products_eclipse4web.htm

Threaded Messages (17)

2. Eclipse rocks![ Go to top ]

Anyone who likes the Eclipse IDE and RCP for the client side should welcome this plugin for Web-based RAD. It allows full access to the Spring IDE for Eclipse.
    The price is right, too.
  3. Buggy[ Go to top ]

Although the products from Exadel look cool enough, but they are too buggy to use. I have tried several versions of the Struts Studio and they always hanged my Eclipse up even on middle sized projects.
  4. Buggy[ Go to top ]

Although the products from Exadel look cool enough, but they are too buggy to use. I have tried several versions of the Struts Studio and they always hanged my Eclipse up even on middle sized projects.

Since version 6.2.0 we started to use WTP (IBM contribution) that definitely requires to launch eclipse with -vmargs -Xmx256m options on middle and large sized projects.

About the bugs: Eclipse team reported that more than 250 bugs were fixed between Eclipse 3.0.0 and Eclipse 3.0.1 releases. I cannot say about 250 bugs, but we also has a progress in this area since the latest products release. Most bugs (about 80%) were on the WTP plugins level.
  5. Buggy?[ Go to top ]

I can tell that I'm using Struts Studio (another Eclipse based tool from Exadel in everyday work in a huge project and do not see many problems. Actually I switched from WSAD and never will come back...
  6. Buggy?[ Go to top ]

I can tell that I'm using Struts Studio (another Eclipse based tool from Exadel) in everyday work in a huge project and do not see many problems. Actually I switched from WSAD and never will come back...
    Igor, you probably should have mentioned, that you are Director of Engineering of Exadel: http://www.exadel.com/company_team.htm
  7. Buggy?[ Go to top ]

I can tell that I'm using Struts Studio (another Eclipse based tool from Exadel) in everyday work in a huge project and do not see many problems. Actually I switched from WSAD and never will come back...
    Igor, you probably should have mentioned, that you are Director of Engineering of Exadel: http://www.exadel.com/company_team.htm

Does that mean that I cannot use Struts Studio for work?
  8. Congratulations to Exadel! How about plugins for IntelliJ IDEA?
  9. IDEA and Web Development[ Go to top ]

Congratulations to Exadel! How about plugins for IntelliJ IDEA?

Hi Michael.

Actually, they have JetBrains Fabrique - "Rapid Application Development platform for developing sophisticated web and enterprise applications."
  10. Now, its IBM WSAD's move to add features. :)
  11. Comparison with MyEclipse[ Go to top ]

Oki, it sounds pretty cool, but can anybody provide some comparison data between Eclipse4Web and the MyEclipse IDE?

I have played a little bit with MyEclipse and it is really nice. The price and licensing mechanisms seem to be almost the same.

So, any comments?

Just can't wait for the Christmas :))
  12. I second the request for a comparison with MyEclipse, and also would be interested in how either one stacks up agains Sun Studio Creator.

Our project has chosen JSF and I'm evaluating which IDE to use. Studio Creator would be the obvious choice, except that everyone else on the team will be coding in Eclipse, and it will be easier to integrate my work with theirs if I'm in Eclipse as well. Plus I'm familiar with Eclipse, newbie to Creator.

--Scott
  13. Eclipse and Sun Studio Creator[ Go to top ]

Studio Creator would be the obvious choice, except that everyone else on the team will be coding in Eclipse, and it will be easier to integrate my work with theirs if I'm in Eclipse as well. Plus I'm familiar with Eclipse, newbie to Creator.--Scott

Scott, I suggest you to try Exadel JSF Studio. It is specialized for working with JSF project and will be more suitable for the environment you are going to have on your side.
  14. Personally i like WSAD 5.1.2 and Eclipse. But i have tried Sun Studio Creator 2004Q4 version and it's really promising.
    The GUI is greatly improved from first version and JSF & Rowset tooling support is very good.

I am using WSAD 512 @ work for my new project on JSF & SDO.. and it's really cool.

But for price point i prefer Sun Studio Creator..
    99$ is too cheap..

Rgds,
    Ram
  15. Would also like a comparison[ Go to top ]

I would also like to hear if anyone has a comparison with MyEclipse. I note that Eclipse4Web does not support OS X (my development environment), whereas MyEclipse does.
  16. Comparison with MyEclipse[ Go to top ]

Basicly you get a lot more with MyEclipse for a lot less. The same question came up on the MyEclipse forum at the following link: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-4970.html
  17. Would also like a comparison[ Go to top ]

Yes, once I realized that Mac is not supported, I also lost interest in Eclipse4Web.

Since it is off-topic for the original intent of this post, I created a new thread for my comparison of of Java Studio Creator vs. Eclipse/MyEclipse for JSF development. See "Sun Studio Creator vs. Eclipse/MyEclipse for JSF development" (is there a way to link to other threads on this forum?)

--Scott
  18. Now, its IBM WSAD's move to add features. :)

Some of Eclipse4web features are coming from the plugins that IBM opensourced from WSAD, like db plugins.