Oracle releases a preview of the next generation of JDeveloper

Discussions

News: Oracle releases a preview of the next generation of JDeveloper

1. Oracle is pleased to announce the availability of a developer preview download of the next generation of Oracle JDeveloper – Oracle JDeveloper 10g (10.1.3). Some of the new features in this release are:

JSF Development including visual JSF pages development and integration with the ADF Faces rich set of JSF components. Also a visual page flow diagram and declarative editing of the jsf-config.xml file.

J2EE 1.4 support with:
    EJB 2.1 development including toplink based CMP and XDoclet generation
    JSP 2.0 visual editing, Expression Language builder, easy tld creation, prelude/Coda support
    J2EE 1.4 Web Services support including JAX-RPC, WS-Security
    JSR 88 and 77 (JMX) features

TopLink integration
    Better integration with the new Toplink release for both POJO and CMP entity beans.
    (The new Toplink release also offers XML to Java mapping and JCA support).

Revamped coding environment including new look and feel, enhanced coding editor, live code template, code assist and insight, J2SE 5.0 support, and many other goodies.
    Comprehensive refactoring functionality including undo and integration with version control systems.
    File versions view/merge locally
    Better team development support

Open Source integration
    Visual Struts page flow modeling
    Greatly improved CVS support
    Visual Ant script building and integrated Ant runner
    Enhanced JUnit test case creations and integrated JUnit runner
    XDoclet generation for EJB

Other features include
    Advance XML development (XML from XSD, JAX-B, XML Schema Modeler, Xpath search, XSLT debugger).
    More UML modeler
    More DB development capabilities
    And many other features.

The version is now available for free download from OTN.
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html

Threaded Messages (18)

2. Seems that all major j2ee vendors are introducing new
    IDE's together. IBM ,SUN , ORACLE ,...
    Is there any public scheduling for a relese?
  3. error![ Go to top ]

http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/jdeveloper/1013/jdevj2eebase1013.zip

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer
  4. error![ Go to top ]

I have got the same couple of days ago, but then
    was able to download. Also just made it from work
    hour ago. try again.

AV
  5. It worked for me from home over comcast cable. Although I use firefox and not internet explorer.

Try it again.

Rob
    http://www.robsite.org
  6. Link not working[ Go to top ]

Nope. I tried just now. The download link is not working.
  7. Link not working[ Go to top ]

Try going through otn.oracle.com instead of the link directly, you need to login to OTN before you can download it, and that is probably the issue keeping the link from working.

Rob
  8. improvement[ Go to top ]

That refactorings across projects work is a major improvement.
    Also: the possibility to 'export' a library from a project; very welcome. I've been working with it for a few hours and I like it already much better than the previous version.

I noticed that the startup screen mentioned the phrase 'J2EE Edition'. Are there plans to release a free basic edition or something?
  9. hi
    just wanted to find out, working with ADF in JDeveloper, what sort of database can i connect to except oracle database? for example can i connect to db such as mysql, db2 or even filemaker?

and,
    can i use hibernate while working with ADF?

thanks in advance.
  10. hijust wanted to find out, working with ADF in JDeveloper, what sort of database can i connect to except oracle database? for example can i connect to db such as mysql, db2 or even filemaker?and,can i use hibernate while working with ADF?thanks in advance.

It depends on the underlying data provider supports. If you are binding to EJB's, then the database could be anything supported by your CMP provider, Toplinks supports tons of databases, and BC4J supports Oracle, SQL*Server, and DB2, and works with MySQL (with a couple of workarounds which are mentioned on http://on otn.oracle.com).

Also, ADF's databinding is based on JSR-227 so even it shouldn't be too hard for someone to write a hibernate data control to use ADF's databinding with hibernate. (sounds like a good idea for an open source project actually).

Take care,

Rob
  11. hijust wanted to find out, working with ADF in JDeveloper, what sort of database can i connect to except oracle database?
    ...Also, ADF's databinding is based on JSR-227 so even it shouldn't be too hard for someone to write a hibernate data control to use ADF's databinding with hibernate.

It looks like according to this post, ADF functionality isn't or not completely in this preview release. "this milestone preview does not yet include our ADF framework-related functionality"

Wondering whether this has anything to do with JSF and the way it integrates with ADF.
  12. Jan,

It's just a timing/logistical reason. While the IDE team was making the significant progress on what you see in our first miletone developer preview of JDeveloper 10g Release 2 (10.1.3), the Oracle ADF Team was working hard on the JDeveloper 10g 10.1.2 production maintenance release, improving quality and performance for our thousands of existing users.

See this blog posting for some thoughts on what we're working on enhancing in the Oracle ADF Framework in the next major 10.1.3 release. The JSF+ADF combination is a huge areas we're working on...

http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/2004/12/06.html#a451
  13. Open Source integration ?[ Go to top ]

Open Source integration ? What this is supposed to means ?

Maurizio
  14. RE: Open Source Integration?[ Go to top ]

Open Source Integration means that JDeveloper provides productivity tools for open source frameworks.
    So if you want to use the open source Struts framework, for example, JDeveloper provides you with a visual page flow diagram that represents your struts-config.xml file, so you can either edit the XML file directly or use a visual layout to create and edit your file.

Download JDeveloper and you'll see more support for Ant, Junit, XDoclets, and CVS - all as part of the IDE that you get.
  15. CVS Support[ Go to top ]

It doesn't seem like you can connect to a CVS repository via the extssh protocol. Any particular reason for this?
  16. CVS Support[ Go to top ]

It doesn't seem like you can connect to a CVS repository via the extssh protocol. Any particular reason for this?

If you are using an external CVS client (CVS or CVSNT typically), you can change your access method by editing page 2 of the CVS Connection Properties and put anything for your CVSROOT manually.

For example, I typically add text like #proxy=myproxy#proxyPort=8080 into my CVSROOT.

-- Rob
  17. ADF-Faces license ???[ Go to top ]

Does anybody know what will be the license for ADF-Faces

1.Open-source?
    2.Freeware?
    3.Commercial bundle with Oracle products?
    4.Standalone commercial product?
  18. RE: ADF-Faces license ???[ Go to top ]

This is still under discussion at Oracle.

Shay.
  19. Hi,

I experience that after a while the designer shows JSF tags in their ICONIC form... that is, not WYSIWIG anymore.

It seems like it "crashes".

I have tried to alter the "Manage Libraries" and switch "Render JSP Tags" on and off.

This does not work!

For some small projects it does.

But it seems like JDeveloper crashes for 1 project and all other projects are affected.

This may be because of some library access error???

Anybody else experienced this?

Perhaps there is a "Limit" to number of pages etc??
    But that seems odd.

Anybody?

/Morten