Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: WSAD migrating to struts 1.2.4

1. WSAD migrating to struts 1.2.4 (1 messages)

Hello,

I am running WSAD version 5.1.0 buildid 20030726_2016 with struts 1.1
    built in support. I have been trying to migrate to struts 1.2.4
    manually and am having tons of problems. My app works fine with struts
    1.1 (I am using validation and tiles).

Basically imported all struts jars and tld's from the struts 1.2.4
    download into WSAD, overwriting current 1.1 resources. I am receiving
    multiple validation errors, including:

1) File not found:
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"
    2) Type org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm does not support
    form properties.

When I try starting the server (again my app worked using struts 1.1),
    I receive the following lovely errors:

[12/8/04 18:04:52:316 EST] 4e61f412 Digester E
    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester Parse Error at line 40 column 18:
    Document root element "form-validation", must match DOCTYPE root
    "null".
    [12/8/04 18:04:52:316 EST] 4e61f412 Digester E
    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester TRAS0014I: The following
    exception was logged org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root
    element "form-validation", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
    at
    org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:362)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:296)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.rootElementSpecified(XMLDTDValidator.java:2562)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:950)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1158)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
    at
    org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(ValidatorResources.java:159)
    at
    org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugIn.java:233)
    at
    org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:164)
    at
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:839)
    at
    etc.

<and>

[12/8/04 18:04:52:326 EST] 4e61f412 Digester E
    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester Parse Error at line 40 column 18:
    Document is invalid: no grammar found.
    [12/8/04 18:04:52:336 EST] 4e61f412 Digester E
    org.apache.commons.digester.Digester TRAS0014I: The following
    exception was logged org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document is
    invalid: no grammar found.
    at
    org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:362)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java(Inlined
    Compiled Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:950)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
    at
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1158)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
    at
    org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(ValidatorResources.java:159)
    at
    org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugIn.java:233)
    at
    org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:164)
    at org.apache.struts.action.Action

etc.

<and>

[12/8/04 18:05:13:884 EST] 4e61f412 TilesPlugin E
    org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin Can't create Tiles definition
    factory for module ''.
    [12/8/04 18:05:13:984 EST] 4e61f412 ServletInstan E SRVE0100E: Did not
    realize init() exception thrown by servlet action:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: IO Error while parsing file
    '/WEB-INF/forwardDefinition.xml'. Operation timed out: connect
    at
    org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.initDefinitionsFactory(TilesPlugin.java:235)
    at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(TilesPlugin.java:139)
    at
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:839)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:332)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doInit(StrictServletInstance.java:82)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:147)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:270)
    at
    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:113)
    etc.

There's more, but I don't want to make this too ugly (for now:) ).

If anyone has any experience migrating to Struts 1.2.4, whether
    successful or not, I'd love to work with you to figure this out. I
    haven't been able to find a single posting mentioning this has been
    done successfully with WSAD.

mike
  2. WSAD migrating to struts 1.2.4[ Go to top ]

Hello,I am running WSAD version 5.1.0 buildid 20030726_2016 with struts 1.1built in support. I have been trying to migrate to struts 1.2.4manually and am having tons of problems. My app works fine with struts1.1 (I am using validation and tiles).Basically imported all struts jars and tld's from the struts 1.2.4download into WSAD, overwriting current 1.1 resources. I am receivingmultiple validation errors, including:1) File not found:"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"

We just had that on the struts user list. I believe the problem related to where the 1.4 jar was looking for the dtd, locally on your box.
    2) Type org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm does not supportform properties.When I try starting the server (again my app worked using struts 1.1),I receive the following lovely errors:[12/8/04 18:04:52:316 EST] 4e61f412 Digester Eorg.apache.commons.digester.Digester Parse Error at line 40 column 18:Document root element "form-validation", must match DOCTYPE root"null".[12/8/04
    This is probably related to not finding the DTD.
    18:04:52:316 EST] 4e61f412 Digester Eorg.apache.commons.digester.Digester TRAS0014I: The followingexception was logged org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document rootelement "form-validation", must match DOCTYPE root "null".atorg.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)atorg.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:362)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:296)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.rootElementSpecified(XMLDTDValidator.java:2562)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:950)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1158)at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)atorg.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(ValidatorResources.java:159)atorg.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugIn.java:233)atorg.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:164)atorg.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:839)atetc...<and>[12/8/04 18:04:52:326 EST] 4e61f412 Digester Eorg.apache.commons.digester.Digester Parse Error at line 40 column 18:Document is invalid: no grammar found.[12/8/04 18:04:52:336 EST] 4e61f412 Digester Eorg.apache.commons.digester.Digester TRAS0014I: The followingexception was logged org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document isinvalid: no grammar found.atorg.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)atorg.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:362)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java(InlinedCompiled Code))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:950)atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java(CompiledCode))atorg.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)atorg.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1158)at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)atorg.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(ValidatorResources.java:159)atorg.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugIn.java:233)atorg.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:164)at org.apache.struts.action.Actionetc...<and>[12/8/04 18:05:13:884 EST] 4e61f412 TilesPlugin Eorg.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin Can't create Tiles definitionfactory for module ''.[12/8/04 18:05:13:984 EST] 4e61f412 ServletInstan E SRVE0100E: Did notrealize init() exception thrown by servlet action:javax.servlet.ServletException: IO Error while parsing file'/WEB-INF/forwardDefinition.xml'. Operation timed out: connectatorg.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.initDefinitionsFactory(TilesPlugin.java:235)at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.init(TilesPlugin.java:139)atorg.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:839)at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:332)at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)atcom.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doInit(StrictServletInstance.java:82)atcom.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:147)atcom.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:270)atcom.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:113)etc....There's more, but I don't want to make this too ugly (for now:) ).If anyone has any experience migrating to Struts 1.2.4, whethersuccessful or not, I'd love to work with you to figure this out. Ihaven't been able to find a single posting mentioning this has beendone successfully with WSAD.mike