Referring external EJB jar's in WSAD 5.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Referring external EJB jar's in WSAD 5.1

1. Referring external EJB jar's in WSAD 5.1 (3 messages)

Hi,
    I want to know how to use external EJB jar inside the enterprise application in WSAD 5.1.

As we know just having the EJB jar (including external jar's) inside the deploy directory of JBoss 2.4.1 App Server will make it access globally by any enterprise application. So I want to know whether is there a same way in IBM websphere? I am using WSAD 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Pampa
  2. Of course you can, Pampa. Just double click on the Server to open up the configuration window in WSAD. In the Environment tab, click on Add External Jars and show the path to the JAR that you want to add.
  3. Just adding the EJB jar in the server config does not deploy the EJB's in the jar. Does anyone know how to deploy an external jar in WSAD 5.1?
  4. OK, I couldnt find a way to tried to deploy an external EJB-JAR, but I tried to import an EAR that contained EJB Jars. Then, I get an option to import the EJB-JARS as editable projects or as binaries. I selected 'As Binaries' and WSAD creates projects that have the same name as the EJB-JAR, and with the EJB-JAR in it's build path. I guess the same could be done for standalone EJB-JARS. I mean, create an EJB project and place the EJB-JAR in it's build path. Then make your Web Module dependant on this EJB Project. Hope this work. Do let me know.

-Parag