How to deploy Jsp in weblogic server?

Discussions

EJB design: How to deploy Jsp in weblogic server?

1. How to deploy Jsp in weblogic server? (1 messages)

Hi

I am a novice programmer and i am quite interested in J2EE Technolgies. i want to know how to deploy a JSP program or a servlet in weblogic server. If you can explain me in detail than I will be very Thankful to you.

Regards

Bharadwaj.
  2. Hi I am a novice programmer and i am quite interested in J2EE Technolgies. i want to know how to deploy a JSP program or a servlet in weblogic server. If you can explain me in detail than I will be very Thankful to you.RegardsBharadwaj.
    Hi Bharadwaj,
    The quickest way would be to start working with the tomcat application server and then read documentation specific to the weblogic server. A jsp/servlet program cannot exist with out a Web application, and the methods of creating and deploying a web application differ on various application servers. Depending on whether ur interest in J2EE tech is 'project based' or 'For your info', it would be better if u tried deploying a web application in one of the open source application servers and then go for the biggies.
    OpenSource application servers are freely downloadable on http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/. there is documentation along with the nightly build download and can help u get started.
    As far as BEA is concerned, depending on which version you are working with, has documentation and an admin console which will let you deploy web-applications as .war files or directories.
    I think u need to go thru the open source or Reference implementation solutions before you try and work with the biggies..bea weblogic, ibm websphere etc.\
    regards.
    NidhiN!