Discussions

EJB design: File Upload

1. File Upload (3 messages)

Hi,
    How can I upload a file using EJB so that it will not create any performance issue relating to memory ?

Regards,
           Ajaya

Threaded Messages (3)

2. File Upload[ Go to top ]

Uploading is a fairly generic term, you might get better help if you are more specific in what you need to do.

If you are staging a file to a database then don't use EJB. POJO is much faster.

If you are initiating a complex business transaction for each record or groups of records in the file then you can just call the EJB or use MDB. Memory considerations come into play if you are processing transactions from the file asynchronously and don't put a limit on how many transactions can be initatied you can flood you EJB server. Also, if you don't configure your EJBs with respect to how they are cached you can end up with EJB instances hanging around longer than the should and consume memory that way.

Some want their EJB to poll for files and initate the upload from there. Don't do that. Use a POJO client that calls EJB instead.
  3. File Upload[ Go to top ]

Hi,How can I upload a file using EJB so that it will not create any performance issue relating to memory ?Regards,       Ajaya

If you are building a web application, you can upload files via HTTP

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Javapedia/FileUpload
  4. file upload with pojo[ Go to top ]

That is true but how can I take help of POJO ?