Deploying web application in Websphere

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Deploying web application in Websphere

1. Deploying web application in Websphere (5 messages)

Hi,
    In tomcat webserver, if we place the .war file in the webapps folder, the webserver will explode the web application and you can access the application using the application context provided.

I want to know is there any such kind of feature in websphere application server, so that .war (web application) is accessible from the context provided.

Regards...

Threaded Messages (5)

2. test app[ Go to top ]

www.xyz.com
  3. test app[ Go to top ]

Dont you have any work......why are you posting all these junk messages here?
  4. Re:[ Go to top ]

Hi Pampa. Unfortunately, WebSphere does not support auto-explode. It is mandatory for you to use the Admin console to deploy your application. But there is a workaround. You can deploy the application using the console for the first time. Once the exloded folder structure is created, you can subsequently replace the classes and jsps in it, and the changes will reflect in real time. Come back if this doesn't work.

-Parag
  5. Hi Paras,
    Thanks for the help. I was knowing the solution, but what I want to know is there any workaround without exploding it through admin console. Obvious thing is the websphere will deploy the web application, when you do it so through admin console, so that you can access the application using context root. I want to know any other solution from which I can deploy the application through WSAD 5.1.

Thanks in advance.

Pampa
  6. Now you've confused me. Are you talking about deploying on WebSphere Application Server or WSAD? These are 2 different things.

If you are talking about WebSphere App Server then there is no way to deploy "automatically". As I said before, you need to use the admin console ONLY once.

If you know how to use ANT (a build tool from Apache) you can write a script that moves files from your WSAD workspace to the exploded folder on WebSphere each time you run the script. I think this addresses your problem.

-Parag