Discussions

News: JOnAS Live Sample Chapter Released

1. JOnAS Live Sample Chapter Released (8 messages)

The online publishing company SourceBeat (www.sourcebeat.com) just made available a sample chapter of its upcoming book about the open-source J2EE 1.4 appserv JOnAS -- named "JOnAS Live".

JOnAS Live will complement and extend the documentation that comes with JOnAS, and will give insight from Stefane Traumat, the author, who's been a fierce supporter of JOnAS and a very active member of the community since the early days. A preview of JOnAS Live is available through SourceBeat's "Early Release program".

Sourcebeat also is a member of the consortium, and supports open-source communities such as ObjectWeb.

Read the JOnAS Live Sample Chapter.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Just an FYI...

We've seen issues when users have tried to open these PDFs directly in Firefox 1.0. Saving them to your hard drive first seems to fix the problem.
  3. Need more support[ Go to top ]

I think JOnAS is very good App server. IMHO the App server should be supported by major IDEs to be more attractive. The only way I can see right now to make the development cycle easier is to be tied to XDoclet. Not everyone believe that XDoclet is the best way to go. I think you shoud focus on integrating the App server to, for example, JBuilder and IDEA.
    Regards,
  4. Need more support[ Go to top ]

There is lomboz to use with Eclipse and kelly (http://forge.objectweb.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=217) for JBuilder... but nothing for IDEA.

Stéphane TRAUMAT
    JOnAS Livre Author
  5. Need more support[ Go to top ]

Thanks Stéphane, but lomboz is just a shell over XDoclet, so finally you end up using XDoclet. I did not try Kelly, thanks for the info.
  6. Need more support[ Go to top ]

Yes, indeed you are right. Sorry but I just love XDoclet :)
  7. Need more support[ Go to top ]

You will find here (http://jonas.objectweb.org/tools.html) some useful tools to simplify the development
    of J2EE-based applications with JOnAS.
    If you are looking for something different than xdoclet, you can use JOPE (the JOnAS plugin for eclipse)

Regards
    Miguel
  8. Need more support[ Go to top ]

Thanks all. I know there are some tools. But what I am talking about is professional style integration. Please have a look on how Weblogic and JBoss are integrated with JBuilder or IDEA (a plug in for IDEA). In a professional J2EE project (with EJBs of course) it is extremely difficult to rely on the existing tolls for JOnAS.
    Regards,
  9. Need more support[ Go to top ]

I think JOnAS is very good App server. IMHO the App server should be supported by major IDEs to be more attractive.

ObjectWeb put back to life the Eclipse Web Tools Platform project in 2004. The project has been endorsed by Eclipse and is now a top level Eclipse project. Its goal is to foster the development of J2EE/Web plugins for Eclipse. This may be a good complement to JOnAS :)