RMIC Command returns RC = 1 in WSAD 5.1.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: RMIC Command returns RC = 1 in WSAD 5.1.1

1. RMIC Command returns RC = 1 in WSAD 5.1.1 (7 messages)

Hi guys,

I continue encountering an error when generate the EJB deploy code in WSAD 5.1.1.

------------------------------------------------------------
    WSAD: 5.1.1
    Action:
    Right click on my EJB project, Generate -> Deployment and RMIC code ...
    Error message in a dialog:
    error: AClass is not a valid remote interface: method void aMethod () throws XxxxException; must throw RemoteException or a superclass of RemoteException.
    error: Class Xxxx contains an invalid return type.
    error: Class Xxxxx contains an invalid argument type in method aMehtod.
    7 errors

RMIC Command returns RC = 1. The problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recorded in the .log file in C:\workspace\.metadata

------------------------------------------------------------stacktrace in .log file:
    !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy 4 0 Jan 06, 2005 17:06:36.85
    !MESSAGE
    !STACK 0
    com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: RMIC Command returns RC = 1. The problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recorded in the .log file in C:\workspace\.metadata
     at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException.<init>(RMICException.java:17)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICClassLoader.runCompile(RMICClassLoader.java:336)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.invokeRMICInJVM(RMICOperation.java:597)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.rmic(RMICOperation.java:692)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.generateStubs(RMICOperation.java:220)
     at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.rmic.UIRMICBeansOperation.generateStubs(UIRMICBeansOperation.java:134)
     at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.run(RMICOperation.java:754)
     at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.generateRMICCode(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:319)
     at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.run(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java)
     at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)
     at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRunnableWithProgress.run(DeployRunnableWithProgress.java:92)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nothing is useful in the log file. And I have some experiecne of this error before. And it is caused by using SUN jdk to generate the rmi code. But this time, I do use IBM jdk. And I also try to delete all the EJS-prefixed file and regenerate the rmi code but also encounter the same error.

And I could generate the rmi code before within wsad 5.1.1. I don't know what's wrong with it now. I am so appreciated of any help on this.

Thanks!

Gerry

Threaded Messages (7)

2. RMIC Command returns RC = 1 in WSAD 5.1.1[ Go to top ]

Which JDK version u r using ?

Try making this change....it worked for me because some of my code was not compliant with JDK 1.4.

Window->Preferences->Java->Compiler
    Click on Compliance & Classfiles tab.
    and select 1.3

and now try to deploy.
  3. Besides changing Java compiler compliance to 1.4 you might also want to target to WS 5.1. You need to turn on server targets from Preferences - J2EE - enable server targets. Then right-click on your project and select target server.

- vineet
  4. WSAD 5.1.2, RMICException, EJB[ Go to top ]

I have a similar problem. I am using WSAD 5.1.2 and Websphere Application Server 5.1

How can I resolve this?

com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: RMIC Command returns RC = 1. The problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recorded in the .log file in c:\workspace\.metadata
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException.<init>(RMICException.java)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.invokeCommandLine(RMICOperation.java)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.rmic(RMICOperation.java:739)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.generateStubs(RMICOperation.java:220)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.rmic.UIRMICBeansOperation.generateStubs(UIRMICBeansOperation.java:134)
    at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.run(RMICOperation.java:754)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.generateRMICCode(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:319)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.run(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRunnableWithProgress.run(DeployRunnableWithProgress.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)
    !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui 4 0 Aug 16, 2005 16:36:38.843
    !MESSAGE error: Class com.foobar.FooRequest contains an invalid argument type in method <init>.
  5. RMIC Command returns RC = 1[ Go to top ]

Hi guys,
    i am too getting the same error.can u help me in solving this issue..

I am encountering same error when generate the EJB deploy command throught command. i am not using any Tools like AAT,WSAD.rightnow i am doing packaging jar files through xdoclet and checking for validating jar using ejbdeploy command through command line..
    My Environment is:-

IBM JDK:-Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build cn142sr1w-20041028
    Sun JDK:-Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed mode)
    Websphere Version:-6.0
    i am pasting part of my console log

enerating deployment code
    efreshing: /myejbmod_ejb.jar/ejbModule.
    uilding: /myejbmod_ejb.jar
    nvoking RMIC.
    rror: An error has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug report (http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi).
     error

*Error] An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.
    hutting down workbench.

rror generating RMI code: RMIC Command returns RC = 1. The problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recor
    ed in the .log file in C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb1._\.metadata.
    MIC command was:
    extdirs C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\core.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\graphics.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere
    AppServer\java\jre\lib\security.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\server.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib
    xml.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmcertpathprovider.jar;C
    \IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmjaasactivelm.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmjaaslm.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphe
    e\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmjcefw.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmjgssprovider.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\j
    va\jre\lib\ibmjssefips.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmjsseprovider.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib
    ibmorb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmorbapi.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ibmpkcs.jar;C:\IBM\We
    Sphere\AppServer\deploytool\itp\batchboot.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\ext\iwsorbutil.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppS
    rver\java\jre\lib\ext;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\lib;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\classes;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\lib;C:
    IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\installedChannels;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\ext;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\web\help;C:\IBM\WebSph
    re\AppServer\deploytool\itp\plugins\com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy\runtime; -classpath C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb1._\
    ommon_ejb.jar\ejbModule;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myapp_myejbmod.jar;C:\IBM\Web
    phere\AppServer\bin\myapp_myejbmod.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\MeasureEditor_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\Communi
    ation_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\CollateralTemplates_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\Analysis_ejb.jar;C:\IB
    \WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myapp_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\Segmentation_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myapp_pe
    sist_ejb.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myapp_services.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\hibernate2.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\Ap
    Server\bin\myapp_hibernate.jar;C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb1._\myejbmod_ejb.jar\imported_classes -iiop -always -d C:\
    BM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb1._\myejbmod_ejb.jar\ejbModule -sourcepath C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\myejbmod_ejb1._\Com
    on_ejb.jar\ejbModule com.xyz.myapp.module.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessmoduleComponentBeanHome_d6fb2b73 com.te
    adata.myapp.module.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessmoduleComponentBean_d6fb2b73 com.xyz.myapp.module.ejb.
    JSRemoteStatelessmoduleDirectorBeanHome_c8833142 com.xyz.myapp.module.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessProcessingE
    gineDirectorBean_c8833142 com.xyz.myapp.ejb.EJSRemoteStatelessmyejbmodFacadeBeanHome_3d21e115 com.xyz.myapp.ejb.EJSRemoteS
    atelessmyejbmodFacadeBean_3d21e115

i don't know what's wrong with it now. I am so appreciated of any help on this.

Thanks
    Ikr
  6. Cause and Solution[ Go to top ]

Mi soluciĆ³n fue: (My English is poor, I prefer write in spannish Verificar que no existan dependencias de los objetos expuestos en el EJB. Por ejemplo, si utilizas objetos generados por alguna herramienta (Axis), al momento de generar un deploy de EJB, rmic falla, ya que no puede generar los stubs respectivos , dado que no puede resolver la dependencia. SoluciĆ³n: 1. Los EJB deben retornar un Object, y luego en el Business Delegate, Hacer un Casting. 2. Hacer que EJB retorne solamente interfaces, y que los Value Objects a retornar implementen sus respectivas Interfaces.
  7. Upgrade[ Go to top ]

Hi all, Got the very same problem. And well, fixed it by applying the update to 5.1.1.11 . Be very careful if you are using 5.1.0 which has to be update to 5.1.1 and then to 5.1.1.11 otherwise this problem will stick. Max.
  8. Hi, I just had the same problem (using WSAD 5.1.2 and WTE Websphere 5.1). Once I added the jar missing in the EJB project classpath (junit.jar in this case), I could generate the RMIC code successfully !