Discussions

EJB design: Probelm with deploying the start-up class in weblogic8.1

1. I am using Struts 1.1 and weblog 8.1.I have a start up class that I have placed in the APP-INF\classes directory, that time my server is not recognizing the class file, If I set the classpath to the above directory, server is recognizing the class and deploying it properly, but I am getting the follwing problem.(If I don't set the classpath I am not getting this problem).
    Can someone help me on this. Thanks in Advance
    Ramakrishna

<Jan 11, 2005 1:05:08 PM GMT+05:30> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "actio
    n" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "webefs".
    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
            at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.handleConfigException(Ljava.la
    ng.String;Ljava.lang.Exception;)V(ActionServlet.java:1033)
            at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(Ljava.la
    ng.String;Ljava.lang.String;Lorg.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig;Lorg.apache.c
    ommons.digester.Digester;Ljava.lang.String;)V(ActionServlet.java:1012)
  2. It strikes me as a poorly phrased message. First it looked like it's complaining that it couldn't parse the path I'd provided. (several files) Then I looked at the config files in the path, but they were all valid.
       In my case the problem turned out to be that the 'type' attribute of an 'action-mappings' element was pointing to a class that had been moved to a different package. Updating the 'type' attribute to point to the relocated class took care of it.
       So really in this case it was more of a 'class not found' exception, which ties in nicely with the classpath behavior you're observing.
       HTH
     -jef
    I am using Struts 1.1 and weblog 8.1.I have a start up class that I have placed in the APP-INFclasses directory, that time my server is not recognizing the class file, If I set the classpath to the above directory, server is recognizing the class and deploying it properly, but I am getting the follwing problem.(If I don't set the classpath I am not getting this problem).Can someone help me on this. Thanks in AdvanceRamakrishna<Jan 11, 2005 1:05:08 PM GMT+05:30> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "action" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "webefs".javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.handleConfigException(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Exception;)V(ActionServlet.java:1033)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;Lorg.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig;Lorg.apache.commons.digester.Digester;Ljava.lang.String;)V(ActionServlet.java:1012)