TechTalk with Ron Bodkin on thinking in AOP

Discussions

News: TechTalk with Ron Bodkin on thinking in AOP

1. TechTalk with Ron Bodkin on thinking in AOP (8 messages)

In this latest TSS TechTalk, AOP expert and AspectJ veteran Ron Bodkin gives the definitive interview on AOP including when to use AOP in the enterprise, AOP vs. EJB, AOP security, and more. Ron has been thinking AOP for years and shares many practical Aspects and also teaches how we should apply the AO approach in every day development.

Watch Ron Bodkin's Tech Talk on AOP

Also catch Ron Bodkin at TheServerSide Java Symposium and AOSD.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. "Come From"[ Go to top ]

When I read AOP, I cannot help but think about Intercal and its dreaded "Come From" statement. [chuckle]
  3. "Come From"[ Go to top ]

heh
  4. "Come From"[ Go to top ]

When I read AOP, I cannot help but think about Intercal and its dreaded "Come From" statement. [chuckle]

I once used a computer that had a "come from" microcode instruction (the Research Machines Orion 1 for those with a historical bent).
  5. "Come From"[ Go to top ]

Wow, u guys are old!
  6. "Come From"[ Go to top ]

Is come from similar to optional returns in Fortran77?
  7. example AOP application??[ Go to top ]

Actually you and I and Ramnivas LaDdad, Nicholas Lesiecki, Brian Slettton and some others have been contributing to Project A track, where we are building an example AOP application that provides, uses some standard aspects and shows how you can use aspects to extend a particular problem, in this case a bug tracker. I will talk a little bit more about that[...]
    I think he never does (talk a bit more about it).
    Does anybody know wether this example AOP application can be found on the net?
  8. example AOP application??[ Go to top ]

https atrack.dev.java.net
  9. AOP security !![ Go to top ]

Bedkin says "to make sure that when you use AOP, you use it in a correct way, and it is not causing security problems."

i got a question here...what restrictions are available that someone doesnot inject malicious code.

am not talkin about application level security or cross cutting concerns , but at the byte code level the way AOP really works.Cant someone cause real damage ....that way ,is there any way that we can make it more secure