eXo Platform 1.0 OW RC3 has been released and is available for testing.
This release includes some new - unique - features such as:
* the community concept, that allows to load portal template and navigation pages according to the group the users belongs too,
* the ability for the admin to load and modify any portal
configuration for any other user,
* new monitoring portlets including user navigation monitoring to allow analysis of user browsing behavior.
* enhanced forum and mail portlet, our development forum has finally been ported to that new portlet, we eat our own dog food :)"
Benjamin Mestrallet, lead of the eXo Platform (an ObjectWeb project), wrote:See:
"We need the help of the community to test that new release. It will be very very close to the 1.0 as we now have started the profiling and stress test phases.
JORAM 4.2 RC1
Joram 4.2 RC1 provides new features as high-availability, dynamic configuration, and a lot of fixes and improvements.
* High Availability Joram V4.2 provides the active replication of Joram servers and underlying agent servers, as well as replicated JORAM clients. It transparently handles network handover and server failover. This version currently relies on the use of JGroups.
* Dynamic Configuration Joram V4.2 provide facilities to remotely add and remove Joram servers dynamically, using the Joram Administration API. This key feature, combined with upgraded JMX implementation, initiates a new set of management facilities for Joram.
* Architecture and Performance improvements. Joram V4.2 provides a packaged version of a wide set of deep changes within the Joram and underlying bus architectures that lead to performance improvements compared to prior version V4.1. Communication protocols are concerned by this evolution, thus preventing backward compatibility with prior Joram versions."