Should I get on the BUS for Web Applications

Discussions

Performance and scalability: Should I get on the BUS for Web Applications

1. Should I get on the BUS for Web Applications (1 messages)

Is it a good Idea to use services exposed via an ESB for a web application. The real need is to provide a synchronous response to the web client users. But it so happens that the same service is also provided over the ESB which can be invoked asynchronously. Whould the synchronous invocation, under load conditions affect my asynchronous scalability. Given that the services are clustered over multiple servers.
  2. Is it a good Idea to use services exposed via an ESB for a web application. The real need is to provide a synchronous response to the web client users. But it so happens that the same service is also provided over the ESB which can be invoked asynchronously. Whould the synchronous invocation, under load conditions affect my asynchronous scalability. Given that the services are clustered over multiple servers.

I think that you should define two different kind of providers of the services:

. The providers of the online services, running in a separate cluster of servers.

. The providers of the asynchronous services.

So, in this situation, you could be able to know if the servers where the online services are running have any kind of performance problem. Any serious ESB (as is the case for example of Software AG 's EntireX Mediator) can be able to dispatch the request to one kind of server or other, depending if the request comes from an online user, or it comes from an 'offline' user.

Jose Ramon Huerga
    http://www.terra.es/personal/jrhuerga