Discussions

Performance and scalability: JBoss - increasing request size

1. JBoss - increasing request size (1 messages)

Hello.
    I am using JBoss as my app server. Could anyone please tell me what do I have to do to increase the size of data I can put in a HttpRequest? I want to send a rather large amount of data to be stored on my database (I work with Hibernate so the type of database shouldn't be a part of the solution), and I was wondering what is the default limit of JBoss and how can I increase it. I currently have a solution of sending data in several chunks, but that raises other types of problems for me, so I would rather send all the data at once.
    Thank you!
  2. Hello.I am using JBoss as my app server. Could anyone please tell me what do I have to do to increase the size of data I can put in a HttpRequest? I want to send a rather large amount of data to be stored on my database (I work with Hibernate so the type of database shouldn't be a part of the solution), and I was wondering what is the default limit of JBoss and how can I increase it. I currently have a solution of sending data in several chunks, but that raises other types of problems for me, so I would rather send all the data at once.Thank you!

If you use GET in the forms, you are limited to 2 kb. If you use POST in the forms, you can send all the information you want. This is not a limitation of JBoss: is a limitation of the HTTP protocol.

Jose Ramon Huerga
    http://www.terra.es/personal/jrhuerga