Broken Pipe in Weblogic

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Broken Pipe in Weblogic

1. Broken Pipe in Weblogic (4 messages)

We are using WebLogic 4.5 on Sun Solaris 5.7
    And are using Servlets and JSP's.
    We are getting the Exception like "Broken Pipe" often.
    And say after 3 hours or so our server hangs up and does not respond to any requests.
    Can someone throw some light as to why it is happenening.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Broken Pipe in Weblogic[ Go to top ]

deepak saab

I had a similar scenario when dealing with Websphere Application Server. It basically is an application server issue. As a ejb/servlet/jsp developer we should not be worried about the app server container issues. Its for weblogic to come up with a fix pack.
    IBM had a fix for this.

regards
    hemant
  3. Broken Pipe in Weblogic[ Go to top ]

Just to give you more info

It basically says that it couldnt connect to the database using the datasource objects maintained internally.

4. Broken Pipe in Weblogic[ Go to top ]

No it doesnot say

"It basically says that it couldnt connect to the database using the datasource objects maintained internally"

Basically in Websphere the problem can be because of WAS db connection and also because of the Version u are using .I think in Websphere, latest version u dont have this problem.

And as far as this problem is concerned there should be something we might be doing wrong for WEblogic is the best application server at this time in the market as per different surveys say.
  5. Broken Pipe in Weblogic[ Go to top ]

Yes, I agree the exception Broken Pipe could also refer to other problems and neednt be specifically localized around the database connection issue.It was indeed the db thing in my case.

Hope its a configuration issue. Sorry couldnt help much.

regards
    hemant