Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

1. Ok, I've searched the forum for this, found a great discussion on it :
    http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=25459

but did not solve my problem. Well I'm running my app on a remote server that has virtual hosts. In my $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/mydomain
    I have a simple mydomain.xml that
    basicly has this on it :
    <Context path="" docBase="mydomain"
            realoadable="true" debug="0">

And a few datasources definitions. In my computer, I have the exact same configuration. And it works just great, but on the remote site It doesn't. On my local machine I do not have any virtual host, hence, the conf dir is the localhost one.

I tried everthing...
    put a context on the META-INF (Im using tomcat 5.0.25) and it creates a mydomain.xml directory not a real xml file, so does not work, for me at least.

the only thing that works is to create a single xml for each directory of my webapp, for eg.

if I have www.mydomain.com/register/someservlets
              www.mydomain.com/checkin/someservlets
    and each xml points to a dir. but the disareable was to have one single context file and all directories inside my webapp would be able to access those datasources.

Any ideas?

thanks
  2. Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL - Vista, Eclipsev3.4, Java 1.6, Tomcat 6,MySQL I am using pre-configured tomcat 6.0.18 and I cant start up tomcat in Vista Ultimate. I am using Eclipse3.4.2 and MySQL. I have tried connection pooling and getting exception org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest?autoReconnect=true'Exception is null I have tried all ideas mentioned in this thread for last 2 days and cant make it work. Context change in server.xml, changing separate context.xml and copying that file under META-INF, renaming context.xml to my-app.xml and moving under conf/Catalina/localhost and many more... All went in vain...Is there any particular solution for this? Is there any other better connection pool? Thanks in Advance!