ActiveMQ 2.0 released with improved distributed & remote queues

Discussions

News: ActiveMQ 2.0 released with improved distributed & remote queues

1. We're proud to announce the new ActiveMQ 2.0 release. This is a major release including lots of new functionality, performance improvements and bug fixes. A more detailed list of changes is here...

http://activemq.org/ActiveMQ+2.0+Release

This release includes

* numerous improvements for distributed and remote destinations (both queues and topics)
    * advisory messages so you can listen to the state of the message fabric
    * optimised wire format for higher throughput
    * improved persistence engine and closer integration with Apache Derby as the default implementation
    * chunking of large messages on transports (transport independent but particularly useful for UDP and multicast or for multiplexing over TCP)
    * new message compression support
    * full dead letter queue support
    * improved Message Driven POJO support via the JCA Container
    * improvements in the JCA Resource Adapter for easier integration into Geronimo, JBoss and WebLogic
    * various performance improvements

This new 2.0 wire format is incompatible with previous releases, so when upgrading please be sure to upgrade across your system. The wire format should not change now for some time, certainly not until another major release.
  2. Congratulation, thanks for the great work!
  3. How's the docs?[ Go to top ]

I really like ActiveMQ from the testing I've done with it, but back around the 1.2 timeframe the biggest hurdle was the docs, which didn't cover things very in-depth. How's that coming?
  4. How's the docs?[ Go to top ]

I really like ActiveMQ from the testing I've done with it, but back around the 1.2 timeframe the biggest hurdle was the docs, which didn't cover things very in-depth. How's that coming?

Its a struggle getting the documentation up to scratch & we've still got more work to do but it is improving.

We've just achieved some major functionality increases in the 2.0 release and some of the more advanced options available, like remote destinations, distributed destinations, auto-discovery, auto-reconnection, could use more documentation to help folks really take advantage of the available features.

James
    Protique
    Enteprise Open Source
  5. Looking foward to try ActiveMQ out. :-D

From ActiveMQ's Confluence, it seems to have really good integration with Spring. Wow!!! With tons of really impressive features.

Thx James!

regards
    tmjee