Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: ejb deployment problems

1. ejb deployment problems (11 messages)

Hi,

i am tryign to deploy ear fiel to jboss 4.0.1. It is givign me teh following errors though I have specified the fully qualified name in my ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml, web.xml.
    I have searched in the internet but could not find any solution to this problem. Please let me know what I could be missing.

11:09:56,197 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation:
    Bean : PetronSecurity
    Section: 16.2
    Warning: The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the Java cla
    ss that implements the enterprise bean's business methods.

Warning: The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the enterpri
    se bean's home interface in the home element.

Warning: The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the enterpri
    se bean's remote interface in the remote element.

11:09:56,213 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.
    0.1/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp29385security.ear-contents/securityejb.jar
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Verification of Enterprise Beans failed, see above for error messages.
            at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:553)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:918)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:910)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:774)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:738)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
    sorImpl.java:25)

Threaded Messages (11)

2. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Please post your ejb-jar.xml
  3. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I was able to fix the error. The problem was the ejb jar file has all the beans but not in the package structure. The deployment descriptors were all fine.

Now, I have a different problem.

In my struts application, there a form class called ViewEmployeeForm which I will be sending to the session bean. But the eban is throwing a no-classdef found exception. How should the bean refer the classes in the war file? with teh manifest file? If so, how should I specify teh class-path?

Thank you for your time.
  4. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

HI,

I am facing same problem in deployment. I am using JBossIDE plugin for eclipse and trying to deploy an EJB on JBOSS4.0.

I have checked my ejb-jar.xml. it looks fine. PFB error trace.

Please let me know the solution.

==========================================================

15:41:37,881 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.1sp1/jboss-4.0.1sp1/server/default/deploy/TestApp.ear
    15:41:39,511 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation:
    Bean : Test
    Section: 22.2
    Warning: The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the Java class that implements the enterprise bean's business methods in the <ejb-class> element.
    Info : Class not found on 'com.ejb.TestBean': No ClassLoaders found for: com.ejb.TestBean

15:41:39,511 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.1sp1/jboss-4.0.1sp1/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp58668TestApp.ear-contents/TestEJB.jar
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Verification of Enterprise Beans failed, see above for error messages.
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:144)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:122)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:131)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:249)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:642)
    at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
    at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:305)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:481)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:204)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:215)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:194)
    15:41:39,542 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.1sp1/jboss-4.0.1sp1/server/default/deploy/TestApp.ear
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:144)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:122)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:131)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:249)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:642)
    at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
    at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:305)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:481)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:204)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:215)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:194)
    --------------------------------------------------------
  5. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Hello Priya Khanna:

Could you be so nice to explain me what you do to get this problem out?. I read what you wrote but I can't figure what line I have to change to make all this work. You wrote: "The problem was the ejb jar file has all the beans but not in the package structure. The deployment descriptors were all fine" I see all with package structure, this is my ejb-jar.xml:

<!-- Session Beans -->
          <session >
             <description><![CDATA[]]></description>

<ejb-name>lum.stock.ejb.bean.Stock</ejb-name>

<home>lum.stock.ejb.interfaces.StockHome</home>
             <remote>lum.stock.ejb.interfaces.Stock</remote>
             <local-home>lum.stock.ejb.interfaces.StockLocalHome</local-home>
             <local>lum.stock.ejb.interfaces.StockLocal</local>
             <ejb-class>lum.stock.ejb.bean.StockBean</ejb-class>
             <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
             <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>

</session>

Thanks a lot.
  6. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Here is waht you can do to fix this error(s). Check your EJB jar file and confirm that all classes required for the EJBs are present in the Jar File.

Good Luck!
  7. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

I had this problem could you say me i you did figure this out please ???

17:35:33,312 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation:
    Bean : HelloWorld
    Warning: The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the Java cla
    ss that implements the enterprise bean's business methods.

se bean's home interface in the home element.

se bean's remote interface in the remote element.

17:35:33,312 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/Program
    Files/jboss-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/sb.jar
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Verification of Enterprise Beans faile
    d, see above for error messages.
            at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:575)
  8. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Hi
    the block jndi-name is not defined.

I was facing the same problem as jndi-name was defined in ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xml, which is created by IBM websphere on its own when configured through wizard.

I entered the <jndi-name> under <ejb-name> tag and it started working fine.

<ejb-name></ejb-name>

<jndi-name></jndi-name>

I hope it will help u.

regards
    Ravi
  9. Hi, I'm also getting the same error in JBoss. Can u please tell me where can i find these ejb-jar.xml? The Error Stack Trace is as follows: 18:21:09,515 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : tcProvisioningOperations Method : public abstract void addProcessTaskInstance(long, long) throws tcTaskNo tFoundException, tcAPIException, RemoteException Section: 7.10.5 Warning: The methods defined in the remote interface must have a matching method in the bean's class with the same return type. 18:21:09,781 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : AttestationDefinitionOperations Method : public abstract long createAttestationDefinition(AttestationProcessDefi nition) throws DuplicateAttestationProcessException, tcAPIException, RemoteExcep tion Section: 7.10.5 Warning: The methods defined in the remote interface must have a matching method in the bean's class with the same name and same number and types of arguments. 18:21:09,781 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : AttestationDefinitionOperations Method : public abstract void updateAttestationDefinition(long, AttestationProce ssDefinition) throws DuplicateAttestationProcessException, tcInvalidPermissionsE xception, tcAPIException, AttestationProcessNotFoundException, RemoteException Section: 7.10.5 Warning: The methods defined in the remote interface must have a matching method in the bean's class with the same name and same number and types of arguments. 18:21:09,796 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : AttestationDefinitionOperations Method : public abstract AttestationProcessDefinition getAttestationProcessDefin ition(long) throws tcAPIException, AttestationProcessNotFoundException, RemoteEx ception Section: 7.10.5 Warning: The methods defined in the remote interface must have a matching method in the bean's class with the same return type. 18:21:10,453 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : tcGroupOperations Method : public abstract void updateGroup(tcResultSet, Map) throws tcAPIExceptio n, tcGroupNotFoundException, RemoteException Section: 7.10.5 Warning: All the exceptions defined in the throws clause of the matching method of the session bean class must be defined in the throws clause of the method of the remote interface. 18:21:12,078 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : tcImportOperations Method : public abstract void performImport(Collection) throws DDMException, SQL Exception, NamingException, RemoteException Section: 7.10.5 Warning: All the exceptions defined in the throws clause of the matching method of the session bean class must be defined in the throws clause of the method of the remote interface. 18:21:13,140 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation: Bean : tcUserOperations Method : public abstract void updateUser(tcResultSet, Map) throws tcAPIException , tcUserNotFoundException, RemoteException Section: 7.10.5 Warning: All the exceptions defined in the throws clause of the matching method of the session bean class must be defined in the throws clause of the method of the remote interface. 18:21:13,765 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4. 0.3SP1/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp3139XellerateFull.ear-contents/xlDataObjectB eans.jar org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Verification of Enterprise Beans failed Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks, Saranya
  10. Try this...[ Go to top ]

hi, I also faced this problem many times, although there was only one solution which worked . For your EJB Classes just change the package structure (home, remote and Beanclass), modify the ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml and re-package and redeploy the ejbs. It worked for me. Regards, Lalit
  11. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Hi,

I have faced this problem and I have just put ejbCreate() method in sessionbean implementation class.

And finally it gets sucessfully deployed!!

Regards,

Bhavesh Dangi

12. ejb deployment problems[ Go to top ]

Hi,

I have faced this problem and I have just put ejbCreate() method in sessionbean implementation class.

And finally it gets sucessfully deployed!!

Regards,

Bhavesh Dangi