Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Looking for good Rapid Dev / codegen tool

1. Looking for good Rapid Dev / codegen tool (1 messages)

Hi everyone,

I have a need to do some rapid prototyping for a fairly large enterprise application. The prototype(s) will be used to refine our data and service models; as such, I'm looking for a tool that automates web UI/application generation from a given model.

Preferably, I would love a tool that can take a data model (very heavy on many-to-many relationships) and create a basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete) UI from it. Better yet if said tool can create WSDL/service implementations from data model and UIs that access the service layer. I do not need a lot of customization at this point - I simply need to expose the data model for prototyping purposes.

For a first pass I am going to try my hand at BEA Weblogic Workshop. No particular reason, but I need to start somewhere with my research.

Does anyone have any experience with similar needs and have opinions on what tools (cheaper the better, of course) can help? Many thanks in advance!
  2. check out http://www.codegeneration.net - I'm sure you'll find something there.