java 2 security

Discussions

General J2EE: java 2 security

1. java 2 security (3 messages)

Hi guys,

I am facing a problem when i am enabling the java 2 security.

here is my set up:

i am using RAD6.0 on Windows XP. I have created the WebSphere Application Server 5.1 Test Environment. I double click on it and click on the security tab. there is a check box for "Enforce Java 2 Security".

then when i start my server it prints on the console "Java 2 Security Enabled" and that is where the server stops.
    there is nothing else on the console.

i have not configured LDAP or enabled global security. i do not want to do that. i just want to start the server after clicking on the "Enforce Java 2 Security" check box.

Kaushal
  2. Java 2 security can be enabled or disabled, independently from WebSphere global security. Are you sure your server is not coming up? It could just be that the RAD6 console is not displaying all the console messages. Try accessing the admin console through a browser (e.g. http://localhost:9090/admin).

Bill Lasley
    Versant Corp.
    http://www.versant.com
  3. Hi Bill,

First of all thanks for your reply. Dinn't you recognize me ? I am Kaushal Zagade. I was with you in Siebel. It was nice to that the reply was from you. How are things with you ?

Back to the point:

It's true that the Java 2 Security can be enabled or disabled independently of WAS Global security. This is same as what I am doing. I am not enabling Global Security,
    I am just enforcing Java 2 Security. I tried accessing the Admin Console from the browser after doing that, but nothing is coming up. The server status is also 'stopped'.

Kaushal

=====

Bill's Message:

>Java 2 security can be enabled or disabled, independently >from WebSphere global security. Are you sure your server >is not coming up? It could just be that the RAD6 console >is not displaying all the console messages. Try accessing >the admin console through a browser.
  4. Hi Kaushal,

I am having exactly the same problem you had described. Did you figure out how to fix this? If you did, could post the solution to the problem here? Thanks.