Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: I cannot see the data Stored....

1. I cannot see the data Stored.... (4 messages)

I developed cmp bean using jdeveloper and using Mysql at backend

Deployed in jboss-3.2.6

I deployed it correctly

I am able to store and load data properly

everything is working perfectly

I am using mysql-front for viewing data in my database

But i am not able to see any of the data in the database
    All fields in all tables are null...

Why is it so?

When i add data into tables using mysql-front the values are not refelected in ejb...

Eg:
       If i create customer from ejb it is not seen in tables in mysql using mysql-front

If i add data into customer table ,when i call findAll() method ,the value previusly added is not returned...

Pl need in some input and info

Thanx in advance....
  2. I cannot see the data Stored....[ Go to top ]

Data are stored and loaded automatically by EJB Container. So it is up to the container to decide when to do the work. For performance reason, EJB container may decide to buffer the data in memory and insert them into database later, when necessary. That's why you may not be able to see the data directly. So don't worry. ;-)

I encountered the same problem when using JONAS. After launching the test client (which worked correctly), i couldn't see the data populated in the database. But after undeploying my EJBs, data were inserted.

You may wait for a while (one hour or two, the time depends on your app server), until container decides to passivate your entity beans. Then check your mysql and i think you will be satisfied.

Regards.
    ZHENG
  3. I cannot see the data Stored....[ Go to top ]

Hey thanx for ur reply....
    This is the first reply i got on tss....:-)
    I am so happy :-)

Actually i deployed my ejb's 2 days back and still not able to see the data....
       I even undeployed the ejb's....
       But still the problem persists...
       Actually i added sop in ejbLoad() ,ejbStore(),ejbActivate() and ejbPassivate() methods to see the lifecycle of the bean....
       I could see ejbStore() being called for nearly 20
    times...
       If ejbStore() is called that means the data must be updated in database.....
       Its been a long time since i deployed my beans....

The life is not as easy as it seems ,in ejb ,after all ;-)

Enjoy EJB
  4. I cannot see the data Stored....[ Go to top ]

Hi,

If you were able to store and load data properly, and ejbStore() was called (nearly 20 times), data must be populated somewhere... So check the configuration file of JBoss, maybe JBoss was using hypersonic, or another database in mySQL, or another table...

In ejb, the life is not as easy as it seems. I agree with you ;-)

Regards
    heavyz
  5. Hi ,

I am facing the same problem (using CMP beans), actually JBoss 3.2.6 doesn't store the data back to database untill the transaction is over..

But what if i want that same data in the current transaction..

The work around that I got was to call the
    findByPrimaryKey() method so as to get the latest version of Entity Bean. This worked fine in Jboss 3.2.3 , but as I am migrating to Jboss 3.2.6 this solution doesn't work..

Can anyone suggest me the solution to this...
    Any help would be really appreciable...

Thanks in advance..
    email: bhushandravid@gmail.com