Want help for EntityBean deployment using SQL Server

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Want help for EntityBean deployment using SQL Server

1. Hi friends,
    I am using J2EE Server for the deployment of the Entity Bean. But, I am facing certain problems...
    The example(Product) that I am trying is from the documentation of the J2EE doc. The example is of Container Managed Persistence. But, instead of trying with the Cloudscape database which they use, I am using SQL Server7.
    Because of this I have to use a different driver than the ones they have used. I downloaded an Inet Driver(Opta2000.jar) and set its path.

I created the table as mentioned in the documentation. The database is residing in another terminal. I created a 'dsn' in my terminal with the name 'ProductDSN' which was mapped to the database 'ProductDB' from the database terminal.

The problem/error I get is when I click the 'Finish' button in the Application Deployment Tool. The message that I get is:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
     There was a deployment error.java.rmi.ServerException:
     RemoteException occured in server thread; nested exception
     is:
     >java.rmi.ServerException: Error while loading JAR
    C:\j2sdkee1.2.1repository\shibin\applications\ProductApp9737
     >java.rmi.ServerException: ERROR: No database resource reference for EntityBeans with container-managed persistence
                            OK
    ------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE HELP ME IN FINDING THE SOLUTION FOR THIS ASAP...

Also. please tell what are the settings that need to be done regarding the database connection/driver....

Thanking U'all in advance for ur help.

Regards,
    Shibin

2. Hi !
    I think you should try to download driver from www.merant.com.
    I also work with j2sdkee and MS SQL 6.5-2000.
    In my opinion your problem is in driver and in not correct
    option in file “default.property ”.Read carefully documentation
    and pay attention to JNDI names.
    By, Eugene