Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Suggest a good book for Struts

1. Suggest a good book for Struts (4 messages)

Hi friends,

I am learning struts and I am following the book JakartaStrutsLive, Can anyone suggest me some more free ebooks or PDF for Struts and especially I want some good examples??

Thankyou,
    Regards,
    Ramesh.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. hi!!!

there's a good book about struts. at least, i like it very much. the only problem is that i think it is not possible to download it for free...anyway, probably u can download some sample chapters to start with

here's the title:

[b]
    Struts in action
    ted husted, cedric dumoulin and others
    ed. manning
    [/b]
  3. Hi friends,  I am learning struts and I am following the book JakartaStrutsLive, Can anyone suggest me some more free ebooks or PDF for Struts and especially I want some good examples?? Thankyou,Regards,Ramesh.

Go to the book publishers web sites like manning.com, wrox.com, apress.com etc. You can access/download the book source code pertaining to the books on Struts. Probably they may ask for your registration. With the one book you are already having and with the source cod from other books available, you hould be able to get at the top of Struts.
    But the best examples are available from the Jakarta struts web site.
  4. Hi friends,  I am learning struts and I am following the book JakartaStrutsLive, Can anyone suggest me some more free ebooks or PDF for Struts and especially I want some good examples?? Thankyou,Regards,Ramesh.
    Go to the book publishers web sites like manning.com, wrox.com, apress.com etc. You can access/download the book source code pertaining to the books on Struts. Probably they may ask for your registration. With the one book you are already having and with the source cod from other books available, you hould be able to get at the top of Struts.But the best examples are available from the Jakarta struts web site.
  5. Hi Ramesh-

It's not free, but I found the 2nd edition of "Programming Jakarta Struts" by Chuck Cavaness to be a good starting point. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but you can find it for a good price on half.com:

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1227551713&domain_id=1856&meta_id=1

HTH,

P