JBoss Deployment Problems

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: JBoss Deployment Problems

1. JBoss Deployment Problems (2 messages)

I'm having a problem with the deployment of my ear file to JBoss(v3.2.7); when I start the server from eclipse I'm getting the following messages:

Caused by: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)
    at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:329)
    at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:62)
    at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startService(WebModule.java:40)
    at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:271)
    at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:221)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
    ... 86 more

Later, these messages appear for several files, one of which is my ear file:

15:59:19,395 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/web-console, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-3.2.7/server/default/deploy/management/web-console.war/
    15:59:19,410 ERROR [WebModule] Starting failed jboss.web.deployment:war=web-console.war,id=-2080810942
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)

Later:
    15:59:19,410 WARN [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.web.deployment:war=web-console.war,id=-2080810942
    MBeanException: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)
    Cause: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)

And Later:
    15:59:19,410 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not start deployment: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.7/server/default/deploy/management/web-console.war/
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)

Further down I get an "Imcomplet Deployment Listing that looks like this:

15:59:19,660 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
    Incompletely deployed packages:
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@8432ebbe { url=file:/C:/jboss-3.2.7/server/default/deploy/http-invoker.sar/invoker.war/ }
      deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@db14d4
      status: Deployment FAILED reason: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound)
      state: FAILED
      watch: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.7/server/default/deploy/http-invoker.sar/invoker.war/WEB-INF/web.xml
      lastDeployed: 1111787950863
      lastModified: 1111785867452
      mbeans:

This message occurs for the files Invoker.war, ROOT.war, jbossmq-httpil.war, jbossmq-httpil.sar. jmx-console.war, web-console.war, web.xml, and KEY.ear (which is my ear file for deployment).

Curiously, this port message comes up later:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
    ObjectName: jboss:service=Naming
     I Depend On: jboss.system:service=ThreadPool

Depends On Me: MBeanException: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is:
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    Cause: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is:
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=invoker.war,id=-2077037634

Then, there is a listing that indicates, "MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:", which lists all of the aforementioned files.

I gave my ear file to a member of my team who is using JBoss 3.2.5 and he was able to deploy it and execute the servlet fine, so we suspected that the problem was with my installation of JBoss; I downloaded 3.2.7 and changed my environment to point to it and modified eclipse to run 3.2.7 and the problem is STILL occurring. Can someone give me some idea why these errors might be occuring with my JBoss installation and no one elses?

Thanks!

Threaded Messages (2)

2. JBoss Deployment Problems[ Go to top ]

Just before you deploy maybe try doing a netstat to see if something else is hanging on to port 1098. If it is, figure out how to kill it off or get jboss on a different port.
  3. JBoss Deployment Problems[ Go to top ]

FWIW I've found Trillian IM client talking to Yahoo on local port 1098, thus prevent my JBoss server from starting up with the same errors.

you'll want the -b switch to netstat (with Windows XP SP2).

Tim