JAX-RPC to pure SOAP

Discussions

XML & Web services: JAX-RPC to pure SOAP

1. JAX-RPC to pure SOAP (1 messages)

Hello everyone !!!
    I have a question:
    I've developed a fairly simple web service for an application at work using JAX-RPC. It was all done in WSAD 5.1.2.
    Now i'm being told that the client application will not be a Java app. Its a bummer because the service turned out really streamlined and fast and real easy on the developer of the client app.
    What do i do now? What steps should i take to "convert" this web service to be able to accept pure, client-constructed SOAP messages from a client app that is not Java?
    Can i re-use my existing WSDL file?
    What parts of the service implementation need to change?

Looking forward to Your suggestion !!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Sal.
  2. JAX-RPC to pure SOAP[ Go to top ]

Hi Sal,

If your client can handle WSDL files, then i would think that you dont need to change much. Becuase the SOAP message is defined within the WSDL, and if the client can handle WSDLs, then they will make the right SOAP messages according that your server-side code is expecting. All this is assuming that the client is "smart enough" to handle WSDL files.

Some clients, even thought they can handle WSDL files, can only handle a simplified version. So it depends on what the client is.

I suppose the only thing you have to worry about is the client sticks to an encoding (of the XML SOAP message) that the java side expects.

And another thing you might want to take care of is: interoperability issues with Web Services. Just so that your data doesnt loose itegrity when going from A to B.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Saqib

http://galaxy.sagadc.com/
    - Web Services in 15 Minutes -