Weblogic performance

Discussions

Performance and scalability: Weblogic performance

1. Weblogic performance (4 messages)

I am doing some performance testing in Weblogic and the results I got weren't as good as I expected. Weblogic ran so slow. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I ran weblogic, oracle and client in three different machines in local network and three of them have the same configuration. I did testing before with oracle and weblogic in the same machine and the performance was higher than this time. The envionment settings are just the same. I don't know what affected weblogic performance this time. Could anyone help me?
    Thanks.
    Ran

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Weblogic performance[ Go to top ]

Could you please explain about the driver(oracle) details.
    Which driver you are using?
    Thin or OCI driver.
  3. Weblogic performance[ Go to top ]

Hi Ran,

It's hard to say what is happening in your environment without first gaining visibility and figuring out where the performance bottlenecks are located -- the performance problem may exist in the application server layer, database layer, and/or network layer. Figuring out the database and network layers should be fairly straight forward given that there are well-known tools and techniques avaialble. It's much harder to figure out what's happening in the application / J2EE layer.

What version of WebLogic you are using?

Paul Ko
  4. Weblogic performance[ Go to top ]

use PerformaSure...that might help you
  5. Weblogic performance[ Go to top ]

try using PerformaSure from Quest software. We use it with our Weblogic environment and find issues with performance tests