Discussions

News: CodeCrawler 1.0, code searching program, released

1. The CodeCrawler project from Sourceforge has released CodeCrawler 1.0, an open source, web-based search engine meant to allow developers to find relevant code in a set of repositories easily and quickly.

The installation process creates a web app directory, and is designed for Tomcat (although, with some tweaking, it should run in other containers as well). An administrator configures the set of code repositories, and CodeCrawler then indexes the source code in the repositories for easy search.

Threaded Messages (11)

2. Clear Case support[ Go to top ]

Does it support Clear Case?
    I couldn't find anything into docs...
  3. Language support[ Go to top ]

Any reason for VB not being on the list of supported languages?
  4. Language support[ Go to top ]

Because VB is shite.
  5. Language support[ Go to top ]

Because VB is shite.
    haaaahah ha ah a hah. LOL :)

Come on boyyyyy.
  6. Dead language[ Go to top ]

'Cos VB is a dead language:

Classic VB Petition
  7. Language support[ Go to top ]

Because VB is shite.

Helpful. not.
  8. Language support[ Go to top ]

Because VB is shite.
    Helpful. not.
    Unless you are blind and/or can't smell. Now you will know not to step in it! :)
  9. Language support[ Go to top ]

It might have to do with how VB code is stored. In the addition to it be being a "dead" language. The same could be said for ASP.
  10. Language support[ Go to top ]

It might have to do with how VB code is stored. In the addition to it be being a "dead" language. The same could be said for ASP.

VB code is stored in clear text, just like most languages. As for being "dead", think again. Large corporations use it for main-line operations. Even if they aren't building new software with it, they still need to maintain it.
  11. Language support[ Go to top ]

VB code is stored in clear text, just like most languages.
    It is is stored in text. It is not really that CLEAR though.
    It is not stored like ASP or HTML or Java or C#. And it is very dependant on the Project file.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done.
     As for being "dead", think again. Large corporations use it for main-line operations. Even if they aren't building new software with it, they still need to maintain it.
    So there are many "morticians" out there. :)

Also, unlike ASP, VB is very dependent on COM. So Microsoft has to get people off of COM so they can quit supporting it. Yeah, I might be reading between the lines.

(Just so you know, I have been using VB since '94 and am MCP and not a book MCP)
  12. Clear Case support[ Go to top ]

Does it support Clear Case?I couldn't find anything into docs...
    SVN? I would hope that would be next.