JSF newbie
  1. JSF newbie (1 messages)

I'm going to work on a new J2EE application.I read an article saying more companys moving from struts to JSF.I have worked on struts before but a newbie on JSF.
    for the new project,I have some choice on web tier:
    1.pure JSF
    2.combine struts and JSF
    3.pure struts

I'm thinking for a new project,I don't have to worry about migration exsiting struts like alot of others companys.but I heard people keeping telling me struts has some advantage over JSF,do I have to use both of them.

also,does JSF have something similar tiles?

Threaded Messages (1)

2. JSF newbie[ Go to top ]

I'm going to work on a new J2EE application.I read an article saying more companys moving from struts to JSF.I have worked on struts before but a newbie on JSF.for the new project,I have some choice on web tier:1.pure JSF2.combine struts and JSF3.pure strutsI'm thinking for a new project,I don't have to worry about migration exsiting struts like alot of others companys.but I heard people keeping telling me struts has some advantage over JSF,do I have to use both of them.also,does JSF have something similar tiles?

Personally I like building pure JSF Apps although I've had a lot of experience with Struts before.

If you are just getting started with JSF, check out my "JSF Starter application" which comes with a basic starter app along with a ant build script to build War files.. The main purpose of this app is to show exactly the files you need to build a JSF app. The current version (0.2) has an example form with a managed Userbean and show how to do basic validation and type conversion.

It's posted on my Blog:
    http://jroller.com/page/cschalk