Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Help required to create GUI for my portal

1. Help required to create GUI for my portal (3 messages)

Hi All,
    I have installed weblogic portal 8.1 on my machine. Now I would like to know how I can create my GUI for main page which should contain two jsps embedded into it...

I would appreciate if some one can share their views on this...
    Similarly if there are any docs available for it then please let me know...

Thanks and regards,
    Dev
  2. What are you using as IDE to develop your application?
    Try using Weblogic's Workshop. It comes with a step by step tutorial to develop all kind of possible web based application including portals as well.

Hope, it will help.

Amit
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."
  3. Thanks Amit..
    I am using weblogic workshop, but I am getting following error while deploying the application or .ear file in weblogic server :--
    weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Could not setup environment - with nest
    ed exception:
    [weblogic.deployment.EnvironmentException: [J2EE:160101]Error: The ejb-link 'net
    uix.jar#ProxyPortletPersistenceManager' declared in the ejb-ref or ejb-local-ref
     'ejb/ProxyPortletManagerLocal' in the application module 'AvitekWeb' could not
    be resolved. The target EJB for the ejb-ref could not be found. Please ensure th
    e link is correct.]
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.CompEnv.init(Ljava.util.List;Ljava.util.Lis
    t;Ljava.util.Map;)V(CompEnv.java:133)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.activate()V(WebAppServ
    letContext.java:5910)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setActive(Z)V(WebAppSe
    rvletContext.java:5882)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.activate(Ljava.lang.ClassLoade
    r;)V(WebAppModule.java:834)
            at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activateModule(Lweblogic.utils
    .classloaders.GenericClassLoader;Lweblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer$Compone
    nt;)V(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:3315)
            at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate([Lweblogic.j2ee.J2EEA
    pplicationContainer$Component;)V(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2194)
            at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate([Lweblogic.management
    .configuration.ComponentMBean;)V(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2167)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.
    activateContainer()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2503)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit(
    )V(SlaveDeployer.java:2421)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit()V(SlaveDe
    ployer.java:2138)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit()
    V(SlaveDeployer.java:2237)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare()V(SlaveD
    eployer.java:2132)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare()
    V(SlaveDeployer.java:2384)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Lwe
    blogic.management.deploy.OamVersion;Lweblogic.management.runtime.DeploymentTaskR
    untimeMBean;Z)V(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(Lweblogic
    .management.deploy.OamDelta;Lweblogic.management.deploy.OamVersion;ZLjava.lang.S
    tringBuffer;)Z(SlaveDeployer.java:594)
            at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(Ljava.ut
    il.ArrayList;Z)V(SlaveDeployer.java:508)
            at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(Lweblogic.kernel
    .ExecuteThread;)V(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(Lweblogic.kernel.ExecuteRequest
    ;)V(ExecuteThread.java:219)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run()V(ExecuteThread.java:178)
            at java.lang.Thread.startThreadFromVM(Ljava.lang.Thread;)V(Unknown Sourc
    e)

Please guide me if you know something on this ... I have kept netuix.jar in classpath, but still it gives this erorr...
    Do I need to do something more to get rid of this error ??
    Please suggest if you know..

~Devidas
  4. NoBody can tell you much by just looking into the exception. :(

But are you deploying this application through Weblogic workshop ? OR are you trying to deploy this application (which may be created by Weblogic Workshop as a .ear file ) manually?

If you are trying to deploy it manualy then keeping netuix.jar file in your classpath wouldn't help you.