This release focuses on issues concerning the JSP expression language and integration with JavaServer Faces. As summarized before on TSS, the changes approved for JSP centered around the following elements:
- JspApplicationContext - This class contains context information specific to JSP containers, and allows pluggable expression language resolvers
- Expression Language changes - A new package for expression language classes was created, and the old package was deprecated. Many new features were added to the expression language.
- Tag library changes - New rules and capabilities for the use of tag files and libraries were added.
- trimWhiteSpaces directive - A JSP page can now be directed to remove whitespaces after JSP directives that do not have any other content after them.
- Minor bugfixes to the JSP 2.0 specification.