(sorry off topic) oracle create database

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: (sorry off topic) oracle create database

1. (sorry off topic) oracle create database (3 messages)

Hi, I am sorry, if I am posting this question here, I am learning jsp and ejb, I just installed oracle 8i in my NT2000, please would you like tell me :
    1)How can I create a new database ?
    2)How to add tables to this database?
    3)How to take look to database and its tables ?
    4)Is there any tool that simplify all those above ?
    Thanks your help will be appreciated.
    Thanks again
  2. 1)How can I create a new database ?

When you installed oracle, it would have asked to create an instance of the DB, that would be the database.

2)How to add tables to this database?
    use the tool called SQLPlus (start - programs- oracle - application development - sql plus) to add tables. for a sample sql that creates a table, search for a file demobld.sql in the oracle directory.

3)How to take look to database and its tables ?
    use SQLPlus

Hope this helps.
    Srinivas
  3. Download this fancy tool called TOAD (from www.downloads.com). Install it on your machine. It is much more convenient and easy to use than the Oracle-supplied SQL-Plus window (Sorry Oracle Corp. !!).
    With this tool, you can create tables, views, indices, etc. etc. It will even give you an E-R view on your schema. Enjoy.
  4. If you can not use Toad, because it is not free, use DBVisualizer for browsing and updating your Database.
    For greating an new schema (other Database-Vendors named it Database) use SQLPLUS.

Connect to oracle as System-Administrator (Default password is manager)
    Create an new schema
    1.) create schema <db-name>;
    2.) create user <dbname> iodentified by <dbname>;
    3.) grant dba to <dbname>;
    4.) commit;
    leave sqlplus with quit.

To add tables to "Database" <dbname> using sqlplus connecting with user=<dbname> and password=<dbname>.

Hope this helps