Discussions

News: Spring Framework 1.2.1 Released

1. Spring Framework 1.2.1 Released (6 messages)

Spring Framework 1.2.1 has been released. This is a bugfix and refinement release, addressing a number of issues found in 1.2 final.

A 1.2.2 release is scheduled for late June, introducing various minor new features.

What do you think the next major release of Spring should have?

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Next version..[ Go to top ]

The roadmap is already on the site.
  3. Next version..[ Go to top ]

Congrats on the new release.
    The roadmap is already on the site.

I think that the work that Rod Johnson had been doing allready with GigaSpaces, aspectizing JavaSpaces to grid enable J2EE applications transparently would be a very powerfull feature.
    With this approach J2EE users would be able to extend thier exisitng J2EE processing power beyond the bounderies of a single machine dynamically.

Nati S.
    CTO GigaSpaces
  4. Spring Framework 1.2.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Just wanted to say out and loud that Spring makes "unit testing" very easy and yet provides all kinds of services that EJB cotainers do. I can not imagin coding without unit testing.
    Spring rocks!
  5. Spring Framework 1.2.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Surprisingly calm here. :))
    No usual flames, wars, accusations.
    I think the reason is - Spring does not have enemies.
    Only friedns.
    And quality of software is top notch.
    And it becomes quickly tired posting "Congrats !" messages on every minor update.
    So, go somewhere else guys, you wont see anything "intresting" in this thread. :))
  6. Spring Framework 1.2.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Yep, same here - too busy being productive with Spring to say anything positive about it right now.
  7. profiling...[ Go to top ]

I just spent a few days profiling my Spring server in JBuilder and it has been an enlightening experience to literally see my services run in such detail. Without Spring I had to use a lot more imagination--running an entire server in a profiler would have been incredibly challenging to set up. With Spring it has always been just a few mouseclicks away.

hernan