How to access weblogic console from jsp

Discussions

EJB design: How to access weblogic console from jsp

1. How to access weblogic console from jsp (8 messages)

I have a jsp, which has to be accessed by only Weblogic admin. If some one try to access this jsp by Url (Ex: http://localhost:7001/index.jsp) it should pop up weblogic username/password window
    If user enters valid Admin username/password then only he should able to see that jsp .

Is this possible ???????? please help

Thanks and regards

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Try implementing the Security in your web application. Use WebLogic Admin Rights User to login to the application.
    Hope this helps.
  3. Try implementing the Security in your web application. Use WebLogic Admin Rights User to login to the application.Hope this helps.

i tried this u mean use console set security but its not working
    thanks for help
  4. in your web.xml set the authentication role to weblogic admin. which you can add in localhost:7001/console under the users section.

Hope this will help
  5. i tried all posible attribut in web.xml still this dam thing opens without any username pop up window but its not working
    thanks for help
  6. Are you doing exactly this?[ Go to top ]

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Defult Web Context</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
    <role-name>$$$$$your-weblogic-admin-role</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
    <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

<login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>WebLogic Authentication</realm-name>
    </login-config>
  7. Are you doing exactly this?[ Go to top ]

its worked actually thing is admin password i gave to login weblogic console not working hear anyway i created new user and added Thanks
  8. weblogic console uses form based authntication not BASIC am not sure how u are planning to tackle that scnario.
  9. console extension...[ Go to top ]

Why don't you install the jsp u have developed as a console extension. When u do that it becomes a new tab on the left hand side of the console. That way you dont have to worry about all these things. You can see dev2dev for a simple console extension example.