is a virtual directory server based on Apache Directory project. A Virtual Directory does not store any information itself, unlike other LDAP implementations. Requests received from LDAP client applications are processed by Penrose and passed on to the data source hosting the desired data. Penrose currently supports Active Directory, LDAP and JDBC back-end.
- Join Engine allows object transformation via BeanShell scripting (JSR 274).
- Remote management via JMX (JSR 160)
- Include Mapping Tool based on Eclipse 3.0 platform
- Leverages Apache Directory Server as a protocol stack
- Direct browsing of LDAP and RDBMS-based information to provide easy-to-use mapping.
- Live preview of your virtual directory.
Our primary vision is to build an enterprise directory middleware platform. With the proliferation of directory services on the enterprise, we see a significant directory integration problem. Penrose is looking to solve this problem by integrating these data stores without having to physically migrate the data.
Penrose 0.9 is available for download