Announcing Java in Action Conference, Oct 5-7, Orlando, Florida

Discussions

News: Announcing Java in Action Conference, Oct 5-7, Orlando, Florida

1. TSS has just launched the Java in Action conference, occuring Oct 5-7, at Disney's Yacht Club Resort in Orlando, Florida. Most of the conference sessions have been posted online and registration is now open.

JIA is a hybrid conference/training workshop focused on practical, proven, solutions to today's challenging problems in enterprise Java software development. With its practical focus and group design workshops, JIA is very different from other events, including TSS' own Java Symposium. For example, JIA does not cover niche open source projects or technologies like EJB 3 which are not out yet, but it does include a number of real world case studies and technical sessions about best practice approaches to Java development, AOP, integration/SOA, portals/SSO, security, testing, scalability/HA, AJAX, and more.

The event features three concurrent tracks, the mornings will begin with three hour training modules, the afternoon will have 4 sets of conference style technical sessions, and the first two (of three) days will conclude with a 2 hour group design workshop in which all attendees will be split into small groups and get to whiteboard solutions to tough real world software engineering problems in a peer to peer fashion.

This mix of training, conference, and design workshop we think is something unique that has never been done before, and we hope you can be a part of it!

You can register by August 12 for only $1395 ($1595 after August 12). Check out Java in Action.

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Brillant[ Go to top ]

What a brillant opportunity to go to Disneyland!
  3. What a great way to see Florida during peak Hurricane season -- we had four in a row last year....one that went right through Orange County!
  4. Speakers[ Go to top ]

Kito Mann: If I attend, I will expect "another" book give away from you. ;-)

Ramnivas Laddad: From your latest upcoming book, will you be able to share any two most important chapters with us? That will be great.

-Abhay
    {http://www.javalobby.org/articles/nfjs}
  5. Re: Speakers[ Go to top ]

Kito Mann: If I attend, I will expect "another" book give away from you. ;-)Ramnivas Laddad: From your latest upcoming book, will you be able to share any two most important chapters with us? That will be great.-Abhay{http://www.javalobby.org/articles/nfjs}

You got it :-). I'll be talking about JSF architecture this time around...

Kito D. Mann
    Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
    http://www.JSFCentral.com - JSF FAQ, news, and info

Are you using JSF in a project? Send your story to trenches at jsfcentral dot com, and you could get your story published and win a free copy of JavaServer Faces in Action!
  6. JSF with Hibernate as ORM[ Go to top ]

Hi friends,
    I want to know if anybody has used JSF with Hibernate as ORM in the back. If yes, have you faced any specific issues in this architecture ?

Thanks in advance.

Bijan
  7. JSF with Hibernate as ORM[ Go to top ]

We have used JSF Frontend (Myfaces) with Hibernate 3.0 as the backend. When deploying in JBoss we had some issue with Hibernate service in Jboss, but we basically deleted the jboss service and packaged Hibernate in our webapp. Otherthan that, we have not faced any major problems. We used mysql backend.
  8. TSS has just launched the Java in Action conference ..

Hi Floyd, congratulations on getting this going, and I'm looking forward to it!

p.s. If you're going to be at JavaOne, let me know .. we've got a repeat of last year planned.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Shared Memory for Java