DWR version 1.0RC1 Released!

Discussions

News: DWR version 1.0RC1 Released!

1. DWR version 1.0RC1 Released! (8 messages)

We've reached DWR version 1.0RC1. The list of changes for this release is slightly shorter than for previous releases:

• DWRUtil.js: has had lots of tweaks, several functions have been deprecated, generally because there are better versions, sometimes because they don't belong in DWR. We'll probably remove them for 1.0 final so if you think any functions should stay. Join the mailing lists and tell us.
    • Better handling of collections: There is a new element in dwr.xml: <signatures> that allows you to specify method signatures in a JDK5 generics style even on JDK 1.3/1.4
    • More Remoting Options: DWR now supports iframe remoting as well as XMLHttpRequest and you can set a timeout on a call.
    • Big Website Update: Lots more documentation.
    • Lots of changes for the release have been to make DWR more maintainable and bug free.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. dwr is cool![ Go to top ]

we're about to integrate it into the wings framework
  3. dwr is cool![ Go to top ]

It seem that DWR don't support List data type. I couldn't use ArrayList in java service, If I want to use List I need have to use string[] instead ;-(

How to you use ArrayList in DWR java service?
  4. dwr is cool![ Go to top ]

Oh... I take a mistake in my previous code. I just try it using ArrayList data type,it works well :)

It is built using BSF, So it could support many java data type.
  5. I am using java.util.TreeMap in order to keep the items in order to on the Java side. On the client I am passing this ordered Map to addRows dwr function to add rows to a table. If the Map is ordered on the java side, DWR keep that order on the client when it renders the table, or should I change the data type to List in order to keep the order. Deha Peker
  6. Re: dwr is cool![ Go to top ]

Oh... I take a mistake in my previous code. I just try it using ArrayList data type,it works well :)

It is built using BSF, So it could support many java data type.
    Could you please send me the code (Javascript and Java) for this please. I am having problems "Missing bean opener: {". Thanks in advance.
  7. good[ Go to top ]

Good work. But it seem that the following demo don't work ;-(

http://www.getahead.ltd.uk/dwr/demo-chat.html
  8. AJAX + JSF[ Go to top ]

Does any one knows how can AJAX and JSF can work together? its even possible considering the JSF event model?, thanks
  9. AJAX + JSF[ Go to top ]

Does any one knows how can AJAX and JSF can work together? its even possible considering the JSF event model?, thanks

You will need to use a filter and add some unique identifier to your AJAX requests in order to keep from going through the JSF lifecycle.

John