Discussions

XML & Web services: JSP and XSLT

1. JSP and XSLT (2 messages)

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know if I can generate JSP page via XSLT? I'm faily new to XSLT and I would appreciate it if any one could send a sample code for the same. Actually I wanted to generate jsp pages for various views of a set a of xml documents. Can this be achived via XSLT?

Thanks,
    Eshwari

Threaded Messages (2)

2. the best way i think is to use xml with an xslt to generate html, parsed and displayed by jsp
  3. Hi,Can anyone please let me know if I can generate JSP page via XSLT? I'm faily new to XSLT and I would appreciate it if any one could send a sample code for the same. Actually I wanted to generate jsp pages for various views of a set a of xml documents. Can this be achived via XSLT?Thanks,Eshwari

Hello, You can generate almost anything using XSLT and transforming the input XML into a varied set of formats like JSP, PDF,SVG,HTML,WML etc. I suggest you to have a look at the cocoon framework, web publication, and try to use the JSP Generator in that. I have found the other format generators are better written in the cocoon than the JSP Generator, however please give it a try and since it is open source you may contribute to it and develop it better. The cocoon has heavy use of XSLT technologies and it is infact very good and teaches a lot of the use of transforming XML into other formats.