Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Could not load jsp due to tld file not found.

1. Hi everybody,

I'm a beginner in struts and I developed my first struts sample application. I could successfully compile, package and deploy the war file in Tomcat5.0.19 and am using jakarta-struts-1.1. When I try to access the welcome file, which is index.jsp, I get the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: null
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:286)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCache.java:257)
    org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(JspCompilationContext.java:517)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:457)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:523)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1577)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:171)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:258)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:139)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:237)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:456)
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
    org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:553)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:291)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

Request all you guyz to provide me with a solution. Thanks in advance

Threaded Messages (1)

2. More info required[ Go to top ]

Bhaskar,

Could you supply the following information...

Any occurences of '<%@ taglib...%>' from your index.jsp file
    Any '<taglib>...</taglib>' elements from your web.xml file

This will enable me to formulate the questions that will, hopefully, lead to an answer.

Cheers