Symposium Presentation: Performance and Scalability

Discussions

News: Symposium Presentation: Performance and Scalability

1. The terms "performance" and "scalability" can be found in requirements documents, marketing glossies and white papers throughout the IT industry. But what do they mean, really? How are they related? And how can you write software that meets your performance and scalability needs? Cameron Purdy and Patrick Linskey will discuss these questions and their answers in general terms, and then focus on the primary source of performance and scalability woes in the J2EE environment: the database. You will learn how to define your requirements and design a system that meets them, and you will gain an understanding of the tradeoffs implied by those needs.

View Presentation

Threaded Messages (12)

2. When I am watching the streaming video, it keeps stopping in the middle at the same point of the video. Is there something wrong with the stream?
  3. I experienced the same thing[ Go to top ]

could be the video is corrupted...
  4. I experienced the same thing + 1[ Go to top ]

Appreciate if somebody at TSS could upload a working copy of the video.
  5. I experienced the same thing + 1[ Go to top ]

Appreciate if somebody at TSS could upload a working copy of the video.

OK, so it's not just me.
  6. Is there a text transcript available? Thanks.
  7. old slides[ Go to top ]

I found some slides here:
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp#presentations
    Not exactly as in the show, perhaps an old version.
  8. When I am watching the streaming video, it keeps stopping in the middle at the same point of the video. Is there something wrong with the stream?

Is it still occuring? Have you tried forwarding beyond that point or is it simply not downloading past that?

Floyd
  9. Yes it happens every time in the same exact place. Once it happens (around 23 minutes in) the video stops and the player claims it has reached the end ( > 1 hour). When I move the slider past the point before this occurs, it just freezes and says it is 'streaming' indefinitely.
  10. broken video[ Go to top ]

+1
    stops exactly at 22:22
  11. It seems the video is broken after 22 minutes. Not sure if anyone is planning to fix this?

Thx
  12. Appears to be fixed.[ Go to top ]

Looks like it's OK now.
  13. Appears to be fixed.[ Go to top ]

Looks like it's OK now.

Except that the sound drops for a few minutes about halfway through.