Penrose 0.9.3 Virtual Directory Server Released

Discussions

News: Penrose 0.9.3 Virtual Directory Server Released

1. Penrose 0.9.3 Virtual Directory Server Released (5 messages)

Penrose 0.9.3 has been released.

Penrose is an open-source java virtual directory server. A Virtual Directory does not store any information itself, unlike other LDAP implementations. Requests received from LDAP client applications are processed by Penrose and passed on to the data source hosting the desired data. Penrose currently supports Active Directory, LDAP and SQL databases.

What's New on Penrose 0.9.3:
    • A brand new mapping tool, now called Penrose studio, based on Eclipse RCP 3.1
    • Engine allows multi-level/nested mapping
    • Join engine supports BeanShell scripting (JSR 274) for transformation
    • Remote management via JMX (JSR 160)
    • Leverages Apache Directory Server as a protocol stack
    • Direct browsing of LDAP and RDBMS-based information to provide easy-to-use mapping
    • Live preview of the virtual directory
    Check out the new tutorial of Penrose Studio here.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. I reckon people should take a look at the demo for Penrose, it could be a very useful tool in growing companies where access is required to (largely) legacy databases of people's details.

I tried to use penrose to expose a database as a directory server so I could look up entries in Thunderbird's address book. Has anyone else tried this and managed to get it working?
  3. It looks great[ Go to top ]

I just took a quick look, it looks great. But documents does not seem complete, I would like to know how to map Domino LDAP user to Novell LDAP? anyone know where is the document for that?

Thanks
  4. It looks great[ Go to top ]

I've been looking for a program like this for a long time. I need to synchronize and map usernames between Active Directory, Oracle Directory and some sql databases, I would like to know if anyone has ever done something like this before, would Penronse help me build such an integration easily? Thank you in advance
  5. great for developers[ Go to top ]

If i get it right penrose exposes a LDAP interface where you can have different datasources in the background that get mapped to that interface. This is especially nice for developers wanting to include LDAP support for user management into their applications without the need to actually run a LDAP server, you can easily use your current users sql tables for that. I definitely take a deeper look into it.

Marc Logemann
  6. It looks great[ Go to top ]

I've been looking for a program like this for a long time. I need to synchronize and map usernames between Active Directory, Oracle Directory and some sql databases, I would like to know if anyone has ever done something like this before, would Penronse help me build such an integration easily? Thank you in advance

Manolo, I have worked on synchronizing Oracle Directory with Active Directory. You can use straight up Oracle Tools to accomplish it. Email me if you want more details mgiacomiATgltechDOTcom.