Problem configuring Webspehere MQ with Websphere App server 5.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Problem configuring Webspehere MQ with Websphere App server 5.1

1. Greetings!

I get an exception (given below) when I try to create a Websphere MQ Queue Connection Factory. I am using Websphere
    5.1 and Webspere MQ 5.3.1. When I installed Websphere 5.1 I ticked off the option of installing embedded messaging as I am using Websphere MQ. When I deploy my MDB application the exception appears as given below :

[29/07/05 15:31:08:759 EST] 7d675afa Helpers W NMSV0610I: A NamingException is being thrown from a javax.naming.Context implementation. Details follow:
    Context implementation: com.ibm.ws.naming.java.javaURLContextRoot
    Context method: lookup(Name)
    Context name: java:
    Target name: comp/env/jms/COMMIQ.QCF
    Other data:
    Exception stack trace: com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object. Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: Winkin/nodes/Winkin/servers/server1, name: jms/COMMIQ.QCF: First component in name jms/COMMIQ.QCF not found. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

I have also noticed the following when I start up the server everytime:-

[29/07/05 15:30:42:211 EST] 7d675afa JMSRegistrati A MSGS0602I: WebSphere Embedded Messaging Client only has been installed
    [29/07/05 15:30:43:553 EST] 7d675afa JMSRegistrati A MSGS0601I: WebSphere Embedded Messaging has not been installed
    [29/07/05 15:30:43:883 EST] 7d675afa MQQueueConnec E WMSG0902E: The WebSphere MQ JMS Binders have been disabled as either the WebSphere MQ Client has not been installed, or the MQ_INSTALL_ROOT variable has not been set.
    [29/07/05 15:30:43:903 EST] 7d675afa MQQueueBinder E WMSG0902E: The WebSphere MQ JMS Binders have been disabled as either the WebSphere MQ Client has not been installed, or the MQ_INSTALL_ROOT variable has not been set.
    [29/07/05 15:30:43:903 EST] 7d675afa MQTopicBinder E WMSG0902E: The WebSphere MQ JMS Binders have been disabled as either the WebSphere MQ Client has not been installed, or the MQ_INSTALL_ROOT variable has not been set.
    [29/07/05 15:30:52:446 EST] 7d675afa ApplicationMg A WSVR0200I: Starting application: ivtApp

Highly appreciate if anyone who has encountered such issues before come up and help me fix this problem.

Cheers

Pradeep
  2. Environment Variables[ Go to top ]

I had this problem before. The solution is by setting the right value to MQ_INSTALL_ROOT variable in WAS (the variable defaults to empty string). This can be done using WAS Admin Console (Environment \ Manage WebSphere Variables). Point to the mqm directory
  3. Hello,

I successfully deployed my EAR in WAS 5.1. But when I try to deploy the same EAR in Business Integration edition .. I am getting ..

Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

I believe if MQ is running on the same box... we need to set MQ_INSTALL_ROOT but in my case WAS and MQ are running in separate servers..

Any idea why I have this trouble with Business Integration Server? Your help will be highly appreciated!