This tag library offers five tags for common AJAX functionality:
- autocomplete: retrieves a list of values that matches the string entered in a text form field as the user types
- callout:displays a callout or popup balloon, anchored to an HTML element with an onclick event
- Select/dropdown: based on a selection within a dropdown field, a second select field will be populated
- toggle: switches a hidden form field between true and false and at the same time switches an image between two sources
- update field: updates one or more form field values based on response to text entered in another field
<input id="model" name="model" type="text" autocomplete="off" size="30" class="form-autocomplete" />Then, later in the JSP page, the autocomplete tag is specified, with a reference to this input field:
<ajax:autocompleteThe autocomplete.view request is resolved to a servlet that extends BaseAjaxServlet, which then returns data in a predefined format that the tag uses to populate the list, which is a fairly standard use of AJAX.
What do you think of the tag library?